You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

45 minutes ago, m0e said:

I think the relationship between how good our signings have been and Jurgen Klopp as manager is inextricable.

The evidence for this is what happened at Dormund, what happened here with the transfer committee, and what happens with every other club with managers who aren't really that good.

The signings have been excellent but they havent all been made because Jurgen identified them individually.  And, there was desent over some of the players who had signed. Edwards and his team have played a huge part. Ward has his feet under the table before Edwards leaves.

They had to convince Jurgen that Mo was a very good option.

Jurgen clearly has the final say on who comes in and who doesnt and he's helped make those players better.

Overall, Im convinced the strategy we now have for identifying players will continue after Jurgen leaves.

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Overall, Im convinced the strategy we now have for identifying players will continue after Jurgen leaves.

Done pretty well finding players who fit into the current system for sure. 

If the next manager continues with a similar system we can hope. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The signings have been excellent but they havent all been made because Jurgen identified them individually.  And, there was desent over some of the players who had signed. Edwards and his team have played a huge part. Ward has his feet under the table before Edwards leaves.

They had to convince Jurgen that Mo was a very good option.

Jurgen clearly has the final say on who comes in and who doesnt and he's helped make those players better.

Yeah. I'm not buying the idea of Mo turning into the player he is today without Klopp.

In fact, aside from Alison and VVD, I'm not sure any of our players would be at this level without Klopp.

Plus, Salah joined Chelsea at 19, when we wanted him too. It's not as if we found him in some obscure league somewhere.

On 27/03/2022 at 22:30, VladimirIlyich said:

Our previous managers under FSG have been King Kenny and the biggest ego in football management. Kenny was deemed not good enough so was sacked. I dont have the same confidence in FSG's choice of managers after Klopp that others seem to have.

They wanted Jurgen when they binned the owl off but Jurgen wouldnt leave Dortmund at that time.

Besides that, the club, thanks to Jurgen, is a far better proposition to future stellar managers whereas before FSG came in, we were not.

Look, I love the King and wont have a word said against him. I dont think we'd be where we are now if he'd stayed in the manager's seat another 3 or 4 years though.

And what you call the biggest ego took us closer than any other manager to the title in years.

19 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They wanted Jurgen when they binned the owl off but Jurgen wouldnt leave Dortmund at that time.

Besides that, the club, thanks to Jurgen, is a far better proposition to future stellar managers whereas before FSG came in, we were not.

Look, I love the King and wont have a word said against him. I dont think we'd be where we are now if he'd stayed in the manager's seat another 3 or 4 years though.

And what you call the biggest ego took us closer than any other manager to the title in years.

'Close to' is always being bandied about when people talk about that idiot Rodgers at the club,but it means nothing. 'First is first,second is nowhere.'

On 30/03/2022 at 10:07, Total Longo said:

It means a damn sight more than being in the relegation zone with Hodgson three years earlier. 

Well yeah,if you want to take a very low starting point. But I'd also say that King Kenny was the man who took us well away from that point and had us dreaming of Europe rather than The Championship.

• 4 weeks later...

It’s hard to pick a favourite from this group of players, they’re an absolutely wonderful bunch. But Robbo takes it for me, he embodies everything that’s good about this club. An absolutely monster on the pitch, you’ll never see a harder working player with an absolutely superb winning mentality and attitude coupled with sublime ability.

An absolute fucking legend. I absolutely adore this fella.

• Upvote 1

He sent this to my mum and my step-dad when she got married a few weeks before she passed away (she didn't have a clue who he was and assumed he was one of my mates, her fella was delighted though). He's a class act on and off the pitch. The absolute epitome of the work Klopp demands from this side. 

• Upvote 13

That's two games in a row when he's really made something happen for us when he started cutting inside and running at an angle towards their area. If he keeps that as an alternative to his usual movement down the line it's going to make him even more effective. He was getting a tad predictable during the first half of the season but he has the ability to really lift the team when he takes the initiative like that. A great character.

5 hours ago, janmolby said:

My MOM yesterday, great goal and made a vital interception/clearance when it was still 1-0. Quality

Absolutely agree. Robbo's contribution in the second halves in both the United and Everton games was immense,it was also very tactically clever as wide ares were the only areas where space was available. His outside to inside run was pretty much a match winner.