You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

On 23/12/2020 at 23:42, KevieG said:

Best left back the premier league has seen. Better than Irwin, Cole, Pearce. 

Best left back I've seen play for the club too, which goes back to about 1985. Better than Nicol. 

Nicol played pretty much everywhere across the back four and midfield too,so a bit of an unfair comparison. I'd say Alan Kennedy is almost a like for like comparison and he's scored two European Cup winning goals. Robbo is a brilliant player but he needs more regular goals given the positions he gets into.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nicol played pretty much everywhere across the back four and midfield too,so a bit of an unfair comparison. I'd say Alan Kennedy is almost a like for like comparison and he's scored two European Cup winning goals. Robbo is a brilliant player but he needs more regular goals given the positions he gets into.

Speaking of fullbacks scoring - Phil Neal scored the goal v Roma then in the shootout as well.

Kennedy also had some big golas in the League Cup.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I actually think robbo is a far better footballer than Kennedy, but you can't take away those moments from Kennedy. I think it's a bit of a failing of this team (if there is one, I realise it's picking holes where there aren't any) how concentrated our goals are on the forwards. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Speaking of fullbacks scoring - Phil Neal scored the goal v Roma then in the shootout as well.

Kennedy also had some big golas in the League Cup.

Yep,I remember the Alan Kennedy late equaliser in the 83 League Cup final too. And as Barry says,we need goals from everywhere and full backs should be chipping in too. Without goals from defenders and midfielders the reliance on our forwards is too great and makes it a beat easier to nullify us,see Fulham,WBA and Newcastle in recent weeks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This shitfest is hurting him badly. Him, Henderson and Curtis are the only lads who look like theyve got any fight in them and once Curtis gets the hook we’re falling to pieces. 

The rest of them are just shrugging their shoulders and throwing the towel in as soon as it goes against us. 

I’d make him vice captain now and give him the extra responsibility he’s earned. 

Best LB I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Baltar said:

Not having good centre backs alongside them is badly affecting both Robbo and TAA. The knock-on effect of both VVD and Gomez being out for the season has been catastrophic. 

Dont forget Matip. We've actually still done ok with Matip in and out of the side but his season end injury has been the death knell to our defence.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dont forget Matip. We've actually still done ok with Matip in and out of the side but his season end injury has been the death knell to our defence.

Who'd have thought having NO actual centre backs would be detrimental to the team?

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to bump this.

The guy has been incredible all season again. People giving Nat plenty of kudos for his performaces, and rightly so.

But Andy just keeps doing what Andy does.

Well played lad.

3 minutes ago, Lario said:

Just wanted to bump this.

The guy has been incredible all season again. People giving Nat plenty of kudos for his performaces, and rightly so.

But Andy just keeps doing what Andy does.

Well played lad.

I think he's been quite poor at times but he never lacks in effort or fight.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Elite said:

I think he's been quite poor at times but he never lacks in effort or fight.

Yep agree. Thought he reverted to lashing at a few balls a little too often this season. But Robbo always gives his all. There was one lovely link up with Sadio during the first half. Hopefully we'll see more of that next season.