You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Getting dogs abuse in Scottish media and off pundits - all around how he plays and how he needs to play differently when he is playing for Scotland.

I fucking hate the shite that is international football and this is one of the reasons - a top drawer player of ours being subjected to shite and negativity and taking stick of clowns not fit to lace his boots, nomarks like Kris Boyd for example....and worse still is that Robbo is taking the shite. Can't be good for him to be surrounded by shite and be made to feel bad.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Getting dogs abuse in Scottish media and off pundits - all around how he plays and how he needs to play differently when he is playing for Scotland.

I fucking hate the shite that is international football and this is one of the reasons - a top drawer player of ours being subjected to shite and negativity and taking stick of clowns not fit to lace his boots, nomarks like Kris Boyd for example....and worse still is that Robbo is taking the shite. Can't be good for him to be surrounded by shite and be made to feel bad.

Agree completely, I couldn't give a shite if he stinks the place out for Scotland every time, as long as he keeps being great for us! I've seen a few comments saying he's overrated, clueless cunts!

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Agree completely, I couldn't give a shite if he stinks the place out for Scotland every time, as long as he keeps being great for us! I've seen a few comments saying he's overrated, clueless cunts!

They did the same with Hansen. The Scots haven't seen many world class players over the last 20 years so would hardly know one if they saw them.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Spot on.

Hopefully it does not have an effect on the lad.

Andy Robbo is probably better than the rest of the Scottish squad combined absolutely love the guy, he really  shouldn't be subjected to that shite from illuminaries like Kris Boyd for fucks sake .

If they don't appreciate him then there are thousands of Liverpool fans who do he should sack it off but obviously won't as I imagine he's proud to pull the Jersey on 

He can't do what he does for his club because Scotland play nothing like his club do, and the Scotland fans simply cannot understand that what he does for Liverpool is light years ahead technically and tactically and also part of a team framework. John Barnes used to have the same problem when playing for England. He was played as an orthodox left winger when his Liverpool role was more like what Mane does for us now. Barnes used to get all sorts of abuse from England fans, much of it racist, because he couldn't reproduce his club form for the national team.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

He can't do what he does for his club because Scotland play nothing like his club do, and the Scotland fans simply cannot understand that what he does for Liverpool is light years ahead technically and tactically and also part of a team framework. John Barnes used to have the same problem when playing for England. He was played as an orthodox left winger when his Liverpool role was more like what Mane does for us now. Barnes used to get all sorts of abuse from England fans, much of it racist, because he couldn't reproduce his club form for the national team.

Agree with this. 

If Scotland are playing a Stone Age style of play as that is the level of their team, then so be it. 

Robbo’s game is more advanced, attacking and being supported in the framework that Klopp has set up. 

That’s just not possible with the Scotland team as they don’t have the tactical nous and skill as a collective to allow him to play his game. 

Therefore, select a Stone Age left back for Scotland Internationals that will fit, and either play Robbo on the wing or leave him out completely. 

Im happy with leaving him out, getting a decent kip and a week off.  Better for us. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

Barnes used to get all sorts of abuse from England fans, much of it racist, because he couldn't reproduce his club form for the national team. using the fact that he didn't play as well for England as a thinly veiled attempt to cover up for their racist bullshit.

Fixed

• Upvote 3

On 05/09/2019 at 12:12, Mark M said:

Well Andy Robbo and his well done steak he's just plummeted in my estimations as a person and footballer. 

We finally sorted our left back issue out and he goes and lets himself down so badly. 

On 05/09/2019 at 12:46, Scott_M said:

I feel betrayed as well.

It's Robbo though, so there's a good possibility he's right and we're all wrong

• Upvote 1

We jocks know a wee bit about football , so please don't assume that the opinions of the press and some no mark striker are representative of all of us.

Roobo by any measure of modern football is world class.

The problems with Scottish football have nothing to do with world class players and more to do with incestous interests and sectarianist nonsense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Apparently he's deactivated his Twitter account after getting abuse from some knob heads last night.

I was to young to remember Alan Kennedy playing for us but he's the best Left back I can remember.

Fuck's sake. Anyone who gave him stick for last night needs to be shot with a ball of his own shite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1