You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Just now, viRdjil said:

Call it what you want, most Liverpool pundits (TAW podcasters for example) agree with me on this. 

Hahaha

Amazing. You're skirting very close to JermainePennant territory there.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Matip ‘legit’, whilst Lovren ‘wank’? Have you forgotten the CL final where he was our best defender and arguably MoM. Whilst Matip has been decent, Lovren’s ceiling is far higher IMO.

I love your sarcasm mate. A highlight of this forum.

Lovren,whether he has a good game individually or not,just by his presence seems to make our defensive set up much more shaky and uncertain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lovren was decent last season, and was very good in the CL final as Ardj says (for all the good it did us), had a good World Cup too.

Matip has been much better than him this season though, and also was the season before last too when he first arrived.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Matip ‘legit’, whilst Lovren ‘wank’? Have you forgotten the CL final where he was our best defender and arguably MoM. Whilst Matip has been decent, Lovren’s ceiling is far higher IMO.

viRdjil being aRdja

I think we have the best bunch of 4 central defenders in the league at present but with 3 of the 4 very injury prone so I think we need another real tough individual like VVD

While I personally feel Dejan and Joel are similar in level of ability but with different strengths , I think that Matip is more comfortable on the right and Lovren on the left , so with VVD nailed on for the massive majority of games on the left , I would sell Lovren.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

You still going on about the CL final, one fucking game, he has cost us loads of times. Awaits how great he was in the WC response .

Fuck me. Lovren is fine as 4th choice centre half, decent player, Matip and Joe Gomez especially are better and rightly ahead of him.

Andy Robertson is absolutely phenomenal, one of my favourite people let alone players. Best left back in the world and it isn't even close any more.

Truly exceptional player and an even better human being. Will never shirk a tackle and would run himslef into the ground for us. I have said it before, he gets what this club means to us.

I think he will be around this club long after he has stopped playing.

Have we ever had a better left back? In the 33 years I've been watching no one comes close. Steve Staunton probably the best in that period and he's twice as good as he ever was.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Have we ever had a better left back? In the 33 years I've been watching no one comes close. Steve Staunton probably the best in that period and he's twice as good as he ever was.

Alan Kennedy and Steve Nicol were both brilliant, but Robbo is up there with them. He could do with adding a few goals, he should be aiming for three or four a season given the positions he gets himself into.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

I’ve been watching since around 1980, and none of our left backs have been as good as Robertson,

Staunton at his best was decent, but a bit overrated imo. Some will disagree about that surely, but I’m guessing they wont say Staunton was at Robertson levels.

Closest in my book would be Aurelio, brilliant player when fit, which was far too rarely of course. 

And I seem to recall Steve Nicol doing very well also when played at left back. Very good player Nicol, but Robertson clearly a better LB.