You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

16 hours ago, sir roger said:

One of a very few

( the only ? ) instances where Jurgen got it wrong and got lucky , and most fans had it right earlier 

There was no way he had any intention of giving Robbo a decent crack until Skater Boi got injured.

I hope he gets more stuff wrong at that rate.

19 hours ago, sir roger said:

One of a very few

( the only ? ) instances where Jurgen got it wrong and got lucky , and most fans had it right earlier 

There was no way he had any intention of giving Robbo a decent crack until Skater Boi got injured.

I think you’ve got that wrong Rog.  He gave him a go against Palace at home and he was probably man of the match.  He was always going to get a run at some point.  He will have seen his potential.  He wasn’t playing to start with because Moreno started that season really well and didn’t put a foot wrong.  Klopp clearly didn’t want to rock the boat.  I think it was Moreno’s position to lose and he was probably in his best run of form at the club.  As fans we’d seen years of his shite and knew he needed fucking off but that’s not how Klopp manages.  We seen a similar thing with Ox and even the Mignolet/Karius situation when Karius first arrived but Mig regained his number one spot for a while.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think you’ve got that wrong Rog.  He gave him a go against Palace at home and he was probably man of the match.  He was always going to get a run at some point.  He will have seen his potential.  He wasn’t playing to start with because Moreno started that season really well and didn’t put a foot wrong.  Klopp clearly didn’t want to rock the boat.  I think it was Moreno’s position to lose and he was probably in his best run of form at the club.  As fans we’d seen years of his shite and knew he needed fucking off but that’s not how Klopp manages.  We seen a similar thing with Ox and even the Mignolet/Karius situation when Karius first arrived but Mig regained his number one spot for a while.

This is right. Klopp almost never drops anyone in form. 

On 01/02/2018 at 19:32, Chip Butty said:

Not that impressed yet, especially when you consider how much man city pay for their left backs. Get rid and spend big. Folly trying to buy cheap and build a player, plus he's from Hull for fucks sake, who got relegated. 

It’s easy going to the first few pages.  The real MVP’s go deep in the game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

Cheers for the response TG .

I thought Moreno was better than usual but feel ' not putting a foot wrong ' is an exaggeration and remember him being pretty ordinary against Watford, Spurs , Man City and Leicester ( I'm sure there were others ). Robbo's excellent Palace performance apparently made no difference to his prospects and Moreno got 21 of 24 starts until his injury that season. 

I love Jurgen and only highlighted this as it was so unusual , but I don't think he had realised Robbo's potential talent and I seem to remember him getting a bit snippy when people asked him about the situation ( He wasn't getting on the bench that much either as he only covered one position ) . I don't think there is any evidence that he was going to give Andy any more playing time in the second half of that season than he had been getting, before Moreno's injury changed everything , thank goodness.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Thought he was brilliant last night 

He was actually sensational in my opinion. Whereas Big Virge leads by presence and stature,Robbo leads by example. We do have a side with many captains and I think this is why Jurgen doesn't over egg the pudding with the actual captain thing.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was actually sensational in my opinion. Whereas Big Virge leads by presence and stature,Robbo leads by example. We do have a side with many captains and I think this is why Jurgen doesn't over egg the pudding with the actual captain thing.

No need to call Hendo a pudding, mate. 

1 minute ago, moof said:

Was thinning the same thing during yesterday’s game. If it weren’t for Virgil he would be a shoe in for player of the season. It’s almost inconceivable just how good he is 

He, Alisson, and VVD are fucking monumental. TAA is obviously exceptional going forward and good but not great at the back. Hopefully Gomez comes back in at CB. Matip has been legit too. Lovren is wank, but we are looking good at the back. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He, Alisson, and VVD are fucking monumental. TAA is obviously exceptional going forward and good but not great at the back. Hopefully Gomez comes back in at CB. Matip has been legit too. Lovren is wank, but we are looking good at the back. 

Matip ‘legit’, whilst Lovren ‘wank’? Have you forgotten the CL final where he was our best defender and arguably MoM. Whilst Matip has been decent, Lovren’s ceiling is far higher IMO.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Matip ‘legit’, whilst Lovren ‘wank’? Have you forgotten the CL final where he was our best defender and arguably MoM. Whilst Matip has been decent, Lovren’s ceiling is far higher IMO.

Self parody is best left to the real experts like Tony Moanero.