You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Fucking hell, just imagine the fume on here if we had paid £30 million for him. There was enough moaning in the first few pages of this thread already, and that was at £8m.

Fuck yeah. Obviously, it would have been too much then but he’s just excellent. Wouldn’t sell him for 50m. He’s just the right sort of guy. 

On 02/09/2017 at 12:48, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Have no idea how good he is defensively. But with him and TAA at full backs the quality of crossing would be massively improved.

Apart from Gerrard and Aurelio we've been shit at crossing for the last 10-15 years.

Great post.

There's more to come from Robbo. He's not quite hit his ceiling yet.

He was already Scotland's best player, but since he's been given the captain's armband he has more of a presence than he previously did. He's taken to the extra responsibility of captaining his country like a duck to water. It can only be beneficial to Robbo and us.

12 hours ago, Dynamite said:

There's more to come from Robbo. He's not quite hit his ceiling yet.

He was already Scotland's best player, but since he's been given the captain's armband he has more of a presence than he previously did. He's taken to the extra responsibility of captaining his country like a duck to water. It can only be beneficial to Robbo and us.

Apart from the inevitable burnout when he leads Scotland to the Euro and World Cup finals

• 3 weeks later...

Just a general comment. He stood out at Hull, but whoever forecasted he would become basically a perfect modern fullback in a top side needs massive praise. His fitness to sprint up and down at high intensity all game and his ability to carry the ball are just immense. 

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Just a general comment. He stood out at Hull, but whoever forecasted he would become basically a perfect modern fullback in a top side needs massive praise. His fitness to sprint up and down at high intensity all game and his ability to carry the ball are just immense. 

To be honest,it was easy to see from his first full team league debut at home to Palace that he was a massive upgrade on what we had. Even though he was subsequently dropped he showed enough to nail down the position.

On 15/07/2017 at 11:15, Strontium Dog said:

So glad that we are using our Champions League status to full effect to attract the creme de la creme of European football. Not a chance that we would be able to sign a shit Championship full back without it.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

On 22/04/2019 at 11:05, VladimirIlyich said:

To be honest,it was easy to see from his first full team league debut at home to Palace that he was a massive upgrade on what we had. Even though he was subsequently dropped he showed enough to nail down the position.

I knew he'd be brilliant when i first saw him play Cowdenbeath u9s and the way he dominated Macgillycuddy Reeks u11s and Buckie Thistle over 5s just confirmed matters

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I knew he'd be brilliant when i first saw him play Cowdenbeath u9s and the way he dominated Macgillycuddy Reeks u11s and Buckie Thistle over 5s just confirmed matters

You are making this up. Everybody knows he was injured for that Buckie Thistle game.

3 hours ago, mattyq said:

When Morono is your only naturally left footed full back its not so difficult to spot a major improvement on him.

On 15/07/2017 at 10:49, Mascherano said:

Utter shit. Konchesky mark II.

Garbage.

Fuck you Robertson, youre shit.

Milner should not be first choice. Spending £8m is incredible.

I agree with Hades. My day is ruined.

Cockmastery at its finest.

• Upvote 2