You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

4 hours ago, mattyq said:

I love him but he had a poor game today by his high standards

Crosses and corners were way off what they normally are

Is this a gag? Sometimes this forum overtakes me.

Did you think he had a poor game? I thought he pipped Fab for MOTM.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Is this a gag? Sometimes this forum overtakes me.

Did you think he had a poor game? I thought he pipped Fab for MOTM.

No, not a gag and no. I didn't think he had poor game

I think he's generally brilliant but I thought his crosses and corners weren't to his normal high standard today

Fab deffo MOTM

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

I disagree, there's not a great deal that can be done about the crosses, they were going to the right places but they were packing their box out with players, hard to get a head on the end of it when you're outnumbered 3 to one. 

Corners could have been better, but same thing applies really. Hard to find that perfect spot vs the bus parkers. 

Surprised to see Gini taking corners, too. Some of his were quite good.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:43 AM, Hades said:

We've managed to sign the only left-back in the league worse than Moreno. Nice.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:49 AM, Mascherano said:

Utter shit. Konchesky mark II.

Garbage.

Fuck you Robertson, youre shit.

Milner should not be first choice. Spending £8m is incredible.

I agree with Hades. My day is ruined.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:15 AM, Strontium Dog said:

So glad that we are using our Champions League status to full effect to attract the creme de la creme of European football. Not a chance that we would be able to sign a shit Championship full back without it.

Just to keep some perspective on things.

When someone like Mourinho praises Robertson as "unbelievable", you know you've got a gem on your hands.

Pity some were so quick to write him off before he'd even kicked a ball for us.

35 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

When someone like Mourinho praises Robertson as "unbelievable", you know you've got a gem on your hands.

While I agree that these comments look rather silly today I think they were affected by an underwhelming transfer window at the time. Wasn't that the summer we brought Matip and Manè, and that was it basically?

2 hours ago, scudger99 said:

My opinion hasn't changed. I still believe the Championship to be a terrible league.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

My opinion hasn't changed. I still believe the Championship to be a terrible league.

It's not what you were referring to though, was it ?

You could have the sac to say "yeah, I jumped the gun and was wrong" but you still want to be the snidey cunt.

10 hours ago, Biscao said:

While I agree that these comments look rather silly today I think they were affected by an underwhelming transfer window at the time. Wasn't that the summer we brought Matip and Manè, and that was it basically?

Those comments looked fucking silly at the time they were made.  Folks were basically underwhelmed because we didn't splash out a great big fuck off fee for them to wank over.

52 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

It's not what you were referring to though, was it ?

You could have the sac to say "yeah, I jumped the gun and was wrong" but you still want to be the snidey cunt.

Is there any need for the unprovoked personal attack?

I was disappointed that FSG weren't spendng enough. Lo and behold, they finally started to splash the cash, and we're top of the league. 

• Downvote 1