You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

27 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He is excellent, a 7/10 solid dependable full back and as we've seen the last twenty years, they don't grow on trees.

However, if you're going to compare him to Alaba, Alba, Sandro, Marcelo and other top class full backs, you're just going to make him look average.  

If you're saying Andy Robertson is in any way average, I would say that you have been smoking on the wrong leaves. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Excellent. He offers nothing going forward but still gets assists. Cool. 

Aye cause assist stats without context are definite proof.  Well that's me sold, he's definitely better going forward than the ones most people consider the best in the world cause he's had the final pass before a goal was scored more times this season.

Most of the world should realise this and stop talking about is Robertson better than Tierney (a conversation Robertson doesn't get the unanimous win in, I wouldn't know, I'd rather gauge my eyes out than watch Celtic) and start comparing him to top class attacking full backs instead.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If you're saying Andy Robertson is in any way average, I would say that you have been smoking on the wrong leaves. 

I'm not, I'm saying he's an excellent solid dependable full back, it's the usually over-rating that goes on with people's favourites that somehow makes that wrong.

I might start calling Firmino the best forward in the world cause I like him and he gives his all.  It's closer to being true than some of the madness in this thread.

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Aye cause assist stats without context are definite proof.

It's definite proof that he offers 'something' going forward. He has better or comparable key pass stats to those players, he created the second most amount of big chances in the league for a defender. The idea that he offers nothing going forward is retarded. But whatever, almost everybody thinks he is quality in all regards, including opposition fans.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

I'm not, I'm saying he's an excellent solid dependable full back, it's the usually over-rating that goes on with people's favourites that somehow makes that wrong.

I might start calling Firmino the best forward in the world cause I like him and he gives his all.  It's closer to being true than some of the madness in this thread.

To quote your words, he was described as and excellent, dependable fullback but when compared to others such as Alaba and Alba he would be made to look average. It's unfair to describe a player as average compared to any other player as perhaps they are better in some areas, perhaps not in others. I agree he is an excellent, dependable and very useful fullback in our team. I'm not convinced that Alba and Alaba would work as well in our team but they are still excellent fullbacks in their respective teams.

Firmino is excellent in our team, there are superior attacking players in the world who may not suit our play as well as he does but it doesn't take away how good they are.

Horses for courses etc.

1 minute ago, chevettehs said:

Yeah, but apart from assists and being good defensively what has Robertson ever done for us?

When he single-handedly wins us the League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup while also helping Scotland to win the World Cup and the European Championships all alongside winning the Balon D'or then he can be measured as a half-decent fullback.

Until then?

He's fuckin' shite.

I would like to see him take a pop at goal now and then. I feel he lacks in confidence at having a pop. He always chooses to lay the ball off or fire in a cross. That would be my main concern with him also his end product could improve. For what we paid for him fantastic buy.

12 hours ago, Grinch said:

He is excellent, a 7/10 solid dependable full back and as we've seen the last twenty years, they don't grow on trees.

However, if you're going to compare him to Alaba, Alba, Sandro, Marcelo and other top class full backs, you're just going to make him look average.  

The last time I saw someone be so hard on a Scotsman I was watching Braveheart. From now on I will only refer to you as Longshanks.

• Upvote 1