You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

What about Staunton?

I remember him being ace, but shit at the end of his time with us, but the time I remember him being ace I was the least impartial person in the world and everyone (apart from Mike Hooprt and Glenn Hysen who I despised) was the best in the world.

This is just the beginning for Robbo. He'll get better as the team gets better.

I reckon he's got a couple more seasons of improvement in him before he starts levelling out.

Very likeable lad, and has always put the effort in, even if sometimes the quality had not been there.

Rubbish

He's getting plaudits as he's been excellent on the whole. Was picked up cheap,good in both area's and always giving 100%.

People wouldn't give a shit if he was Scottish or Swedish he is doing a job

Almost as if he was new to the forum. Every single English player I’ve proposed for us to sign has been rubbished by the majority of posters here... Regardless of quality... e.g., Heaton, Maguire, Winks, even Ox.

Jim Beglin was very good and would have become a club legend only for a Bluenose shithouse. Terrible pundit though.

Staunton had very good talent. We shouldn't have got rid. He was ace at Villa but crap on his return.

Chico was wonderful everywhere. Barney was majestic and i'd make him my lb in any greatest liverpool eleven.

Robbo is potentially a very good player. If he is a Finnan type than happy days because if we have a few 7-10 players around the pitch with 3-4 Salahs or Bobbys around the pitch,we will win trophies.i love the kid's attitude.

What about Staunton?

I remember him being ace, but shit at the end of his time with us, but the time I remember him being ace I was the least impartial person in the world and everyone (apart from Mike Hooprt and Glenn Hysen who I despised) was the best in the world.

Staunton was decent, but never a great player imo. Good left foot, and a clever player. But a bit too slow to be a great left back and not strong and tough enough to be a very good CB.

Didn't Emlyn play LB for a while? He'd be my choice in an all time XI.

Bought from Blackpool as a left back after about 23 first team games. Shankly did use him as a left back but the vast majority of his games were played in midfield and as centre back for us. Ramsey strangely always played him as a left back for England.