You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

I've seen them all since the 70's and in the main, bang average compared to what we have had on the right hand side.

Having said that Barney, scores two European cup wining goals, so there you go. 

I guess you do need the bog standard cement, to knit the bricks together and in many positions over the years we've had those type of players, but left back is an area, we have never really excelled at. Though I have loved them all. Bar Dicks and Burrows of course..... and a shed load of others. 

Mad Dog Robbo is a smashing signing. Runs all day. Whips in a good cross. Decent pace. Knows how to defend. The only thing lacking is the experience, but that grows as each game passes. He could be a fixture in the side for many years to come. As everyone else has said, nice to have a Scot in the side again, and a good one at that. Ahem, Charlie Adam.

• Upvote 3

Mad Dog Robbo is a smashing signing. Runs all day. Whips in a good cross. Decent pace. Knows how to defend. The only thing lacking is the experience, but that grows as each game passes. He could be a fixture in the side for many years to come. As everyone else has said, nice to have a Scot in the side again, and a good one at that. Ahem, Charlie Adam.

Amen.

He's been good, but if he wasn't from the UK or Ireland he wouldn't be getting near the plaudits he's getting.

Whereas if he was some flash French twat we signed from Rennes, you'd be wanking yourself silly over him.

He definitely does not merit a mention in the same bracket as the four mentioned, I saw two of them play and know about the other twos ability. Burrows was however poor.

saw Burrows debut at Anfield. wasn't the greatest, obviously, but he was at least committed in the games I saw. which is what you need in a left back and when the detail was more to just defend. won a few a few medals and Dalglish rated him