You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Good penalty taker but someone else could take pens, not saying they'd score as frequently like but it's not like he made them all himself. He did a good, steady job in an unfamiliar position and credit to him.

Someone could but would they have as good a record? Making pens isnt the point, putting them away is.

Let's be honest, fans might want mendy and his calibre here but mendy and co probably set their sightshigher.

Agree. He was decent, nothing more and nothing less.

And he's one of the very few proven winners and leaders we have in the squad.

Ideally we should upgrade on him, no doubt, but it's maybe not the most pressing position.

And by the way, these days he's far better at fullback than in midfield.

He was magnificent against Dortmund, at right midfield, on that famous night.

• Upvote 2

Someone could but would they have as good a record? Making pens isnt the point, putting them away is.

Let's be honest, fans might want mendy and his calibre here but mendy and co probably set their sightshigher.

When we really needed him to score, he bottled it.

I mentioned someone else might no be as good at taking them, they also could be. Left back has been a problem for years and needs sorting, not sure Robertson will do it but having him and Milner sure beats having Moreno and Enrique. Not hard I know.

“You go out and see the car that you have been dreaming about your whole life. “You say ‘here is the money’ but they say to you ‘I don’t want to sell the car’. You say ‘but I have got the money’ but they say ‘I don’t want to sell’.

“They say ‘go for another car in another colour’ but you say ‘that’s ok but I want this’. Things like this happen in life, not only football. It is pretty simple. You can imagine how it works. It is not that we are doing something that other clubs are not doing - that we are more silly or they are more smart.

“I can imagine if you are not involved it is annoying for fans. They think ‘oh my God! Nothing happens here! Everything happens there!’ We cannot think like this."

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/jurgen-klopp-commits-his-future-to-vauxhall

Its all starting to make sense where Robertson is concerned.

• Downvote 1

We should call him Drew if he signs.

It worked for Andrew Schofield.

Not.

It'll be 'Robbo' and you know it will be Milner, Lallana and Henderson that will be responsible for it and they'll use it at every opportunity in every interview.