You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Having a bang average back up like Robertson isnt so bad if you actually have a decent first choice, we don't.

We needed a first choice left back.

I think Milner was decent until he ran out of steam. Bit annoying that he didn't have a magic left foot but he brings a lot of good qualities to the team.

I also think full back is the easiest position in the team to make do and have a cheap solid option.

I think Milner was decent until he ran out of steam. Bit annoying that he didn't have a magic left foot but he brings a lot of good qualities to the team.

I also think full back is the easiest position in the team to make do and have a cheap solid option.

Dont really agree with any of that tbh. It was painful watching Milner predictably cut onto his right and lay it off time and time again.

Klopp asks a shitload of his full backs. They're our main source of width and we haven't got a single suitable one in the squad for what he asks.

If and its a big if, we're actually going big on cb and cm, then it's understandable why we're making do until next summer. Same can be said about the goalkeeping and centre forward positions tbf, it was never going to be sorted in one window. Just can't say im looking forward to full backs being asked to do everything and offering nothing for another year.

• Upvote 2

Not if we are going to keep asking those full backs to provide so much of our attacking width especially in the games where teams just sit in.

Watching Clyne constantly pick the wrong option and lose it and Milner constantly cut onto his right foot and move lose momentum was one of the biggest reasons for us failing to despatch the shite during our bad runs last season

• Upvote 1

Maybe there will be more natural with this season with Mane and Salah out wide and Coutinho playing in midfield.

Maybe the fullbacks will prosper from this.

Maybe TAA and Robertson will play together well.

Maybe Clyne will improve and Milner stop cutting inside.

Maybe we should wait and see.

Maybe I'm a cunt.

Maybe.

Dont really agree with any of that tbh. It was painful watching Milner predictably cut onto his right and lay it off time and time again.

Klopp asks a shitload of his full backs. They're our main source of width and we haven't got a single suitable one in the squad for what he asks.

If and its a big if, we're actually going big on cb and cm, then it's understandable why we're making do until next summer. Same can be said about the goalkeeping and centre forward positions tbf, it was never going to be sorted in one window. Just can't say im looking forward to full backs being asked to do everything and offering nothing for another year.

Or he likes Milner at left back, mignolet in goal and his options for centre forward. Are we going to be saying it's too much to do in one window every window? This is klopps 4th window? When are people going to accept he's happy with this squad and just wants a few in to replace Lucas, sakho, Moreno and challenge for starting.

Not if we are going to keep asking those full backs to provide so much of our attacking width especially in the games where teams just sit in.

Watching Clyne constantly pick the wrong option and lose it and Milner constantly cut onto his right foot and move lose momentum was one of the biggest reasons for us failing to despatch the shite during our bad runs last season

A supreme attacking full back or two would definitely have helped during those bad runs.

But the bad runs mostly came when Mane and one or both of Coutinho and Lallana were out (along with Henderson for those Hendo fans).

If we have Salah and Keita in the squad that gives a lot more quality attacking and creative options in midfield attack to take on the creative burden.

A supreme attacking full back or two would definitely have helped during those bad runs.

But the bad runs mostly came when Mane and one or both of Coutinho and Lallana were out (along with Henderson for those Hendo fans).

If we have Salah and Keita in the squad that gives a lot more quality attacking and creative options in midfield attack to take on the creative burden.

Lets hope we have less injuries (i doubt it though) but i still think a proper quality left back would have been a good idea....i'd also upgrade clyne personally but that is just me.

Hopefully this season when key players are injured we don't turn to shite because we have suitable replacements.

Reading this morning that Ckyne created more chances than Walker last year. I think he will be fine with Mane back in the squad and im hoping Salah on the other side has the same impact on Milner/Robertson.

Yes I'd hsve loved Mendy but 40ml plus and 150/200k week on top of Salah and potentially VVD,Keita was not happening.

• Upvote 1

Have you seen much of him then? I haven't myself.

Substituted at half time v palace, 4-0 down at half time, in the game that saw Hull relegated.

Released by celtic, did reasonably well in tbe scottish 3rd division that earned him a move to dundee (utd) before a move to hull in the championship.

Ive watched some full games. Right foot for running, quite fast but shit in almost every footballing regard.

Clichy and kolasinac both free and £8m on shit is a fucking joke as back up to milly, so i dont subscribe to the, we can suffer this shit if it gets us keita and vvd line.

Others have given their view on JM at left back and i agree with them, great professional but not a left back.

• Upvote 1

Reading this morning that Ckyne created more chances than Walker last year. I think he will be fine with Mane back in the squad and im hoping Salah on the other side has the same impact on Milner/Robertson.

Yes I'd hsve loved Mendy but 40ml plus and 150/200k week on top of Salah and potentially VVD,Keita was not happening.

We should be after Ckyne then.

Substituted at half time v palace, 4-0 down at half time, in the game that saw Hull relegated.

Released by celtic, did reasonably well in tbe scottish 3rd division that earned him a move to dundee (utd) before a move to hull in the championship.

Ive watched some full games. Right foot for running, quite fast but shit in almost every footballing regard.

Clichy and kolasinac both free and £8m on shit is a fucking joke as back up to milly, so i dont subscribe to the, we can suffer this shit if it gets us keita and vvd line.

Others have given their view on JM at left back and i agree with them, great professional but not a left back.

So to summarise; Andrew fucking Robertson? Fuck off...

I think it's fairly obvious that Robertson is just a stopgap

And thats why i am so ANGRY. £8m? Why? Free clichy? Free kolasinac?

£100000 a week on a two year deal for two superior players in every regard for a bit more in wages than this no mark would cost is outragously bad business and makes no sense financially or in terms of ability.

You got me Jose