You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Hard to gauge the reaction of Hull fans as they're all currently in bits at the prospect of losing Tom Huddlestone but this fella reckons we've got a real player on our hands:

"Robertson as a left back isn't a loss - only got one foot, cant cut out a cross and constantly getting drawn into wrong positions - Tom is a bad loss though at least he could pass the ball, if we're relying on Meyler were going to be ****ed royally - his passing ability is pathetic"[/size]

http://www.not606.com/threads/city-transfers-summer-2017.348315/page-250#post-10740486

Just makes me want him even more.

The fee for a 23 year old with supposed decent potential is pretty good. Milner will be first choice this season anyways so there will be no pressure on him. 

Hull were too shite to watch regularly even under Silva so don't really know his current level. 

Bit of a meh signing. Falls into the can a do a job category I guess. Not the greatest in the air or in defensive one-on-ones as shown by that stupid penalty he gave against City, but he has nice work-rate with a likeable attitude and can put in a decent cross.

If it's just a cheap deal that allows us to finance the Keita and VVD deals, I could live with that. Slightly surprised we picked him over Tierney though.

Sessegnon was first choice, Mendy second according to James Pearce.

This lad being 3rd choice makes it likely he'll only be playing to give Milner a rest but he's young and can improve and all he has to do is complete one decent cross and he's bettered Moreno

At worst Robertson is a value back up. If he doesn't show the potential to take over then they'll look next summer. Maybe at Sessegnon again after he's had another year to develop and old enough to potential move north.

Yeah, I think it's nailed on that as long as Sessegnon keeps developing as we expect that we'll be in for him next summer. Robertson seems like a bit of a flyer, maybe we'll get lucky kind of signing. I have no problem with getting a cheap backup-type option at left back if that's what lets us put in big bids on the likes of VVD and Keita.

Yeah possibly,he does seem to be going that way. Shame we couldn't get him in but i think he has done the right thing myself. To many players take the big money before they are ready. Injury free he has another 40-45 games under his belt by this time next year. He will be better fir it

And here's to you Andy Robertson

Kloppy loves you more than You can know

Wo wo wo

When he does 3 step overs and whips in a cross...

Andy Robinson, are you trying to seduce us?

It is staggering that we have an ageing, slow right footed midfielder playing at left back for us and our transfer policy to deal with the problem is to buy a dead average championship level player on the cheap as back up to him.

We'll sell Moreno and come out in profit on our work on that part of the squad.

Give the lad a fucking chance Klopp obviously likes the look of him otherwise he wouldn't be joining, maybe he will spend the majority of the season in the reserves but playing with better players may bring him on only time will tell but if we move him on after a couple of seasons then I would imagine we would recoup the majority of the fee .

• Upvote 3

Not sure why people are being so negative.

It looks like we're trying to almost double our transfer record on Keita and there's bitching about not signing some big name fullback?

Robertson's obviously been on the radar for a couple of years, we got him reasonably cheaply, why not just see how he does?

• Upvote 2

Not sure why people are being so negative.

It looks like we're trying to almost double our transfer record on Keita and there's bitching about not signing some big name fullback?

Robertson's obviously been on the radar for a couple of years, we got him reasonably cheaply, why not just see how he does?

Having a bang average back up like Robertson isnt so bad if you actually have a decent first choice, we don't.

We needed a first choice left back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1