You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

Woodley's KO of Robbie Lawler is one of the best I've ever seen. Against Maia and Thompson he just did what he had to do to win. Gotta respect that.

The man is the champ and was winning both fights. Who's job is it to change the fight. He tore his labrum in that last fight what was he supposed to do. 

When he starts defending his belts and wins il agree. World class fighters don't have 3 defeats by the age of 28 after 24 fights. The like of Jon Jones is world class.

Nonsense. This isn't boxing where you can dodge people to get 30-0 records. You have to fight the top ranked guys to get to the belt in the UFC. McGregor made fucking mince meat of almost everyone he's faced in the UFC.

You have to fight the top ranked guys to get to the belt in the UFC. 

Then why is St Pierre getting a title shot against Bisping straight away in a new weight class after being out for years?  Why was Connor given a shot at the 155lb belt straight away without fighting his way up that division to earn it?  I could name many more...

To get a belt in the UFC you just have to be good mates with Dana and bring in the $$$. Once he loses interest in you or you aren't marketable anymore your f^^ked ..  Woodley would agree with that, as would many more.

Then why is St Pierre getting a title shot against Bisping straight away in a new weight class after being out for years? Why was Connor given a shot at the 155lb belt straight away without fighting his way up that division to earn it? I could name many more...

To get a belt in the UFC you just have to be good mates with Dana and bring in the $$$. Once he loses interest in you or you aren't marketable anymore your f^^ked .. Woodley would agree with that, as would many more.

Ok, I see your point. They're got their shots on the back of their previous accomplishments. McGregor was the biggest 145 by a mile. There wasn't going to be too much of a transition to 155.

I agree he should have defended at least one of the belts though.

These brash, arrogant attitudes obviously seem to sell well, especially appealing to casuals and McGregor and Mayweather are smart enough to know how to play on it. Floyd has been playing an almost wrestling like villain for a few years now and it's got to the stage where 80% want him to lose but still happily pay for it. If I try to justify why I dislike McGregor more, I'm not sure there is that much logic to it, they are both pricks, it's just McGregor's brand of arrogance and self-promotion winds me up more. Yet I am still relatively intrigued to see what will happen.

Fair points

I don't know if you listen to any of the podcasts but Anthony Walker and Jordan Breen just did a great one on Woodley. 

Made some great points and both think race has a massive influence on it. To be honest i do too. 

Im not saying Dana is a racist but i do think it plays a role.

I see little difference in Woodley run and GSPs other than prior to the last three fights Woodley was knocking people out for fun. 

I dont blame him for the past few fights,2x Wonderboy who is a far better striker than anyone and one mistake and he is highlight reeling you with a kick. Make one mistake with Maia and your on the floor and getting tapped(especially without the use of one arm). Dana never bitched about GSP the same way.

He went to town when both Lietes and Maia refused to engaged with Anderson and just blamed him. 

They made great points that Woodley was on a major Hip Hop radio show and freestyling live on air but the UFC did not even bother to put anything out about it. He was at the marches against the police shootings in Ferguson Missouri completley ignored,does loads of work with the local community,again ignored yet Conor shows off a new car and they are all over it. WHy are they not promoting Woodley at all,they didn't even bother after him 

Good podcast, that, cheers. Hard to disagree with anything they said. 

McGregors playing this arrogant brash act, it's made him and the UFC millions and millions of dollars/pounds I've read things about him before he joined UFC and they all say he's just a normal guy, he was a plumber before he got serious with MMA, do you think he walked in people's houses telling them they dress like shit and there pipework is for pussys? It's all an act he's learned from Mayweather himself that being that way earns you more money "Money Mayweather" has earned a lot more money than "Pretty Boy Floyd". As people have said if it's a question of who's the most despicable human being then Mayweather wins hands down.

McGregors playing this arrogant brash act, it's made him and the UFC millions and millions of dollars/pounds I've read things about him before he joined UFC and they all say he's just a normal guy, he was a plumber before he got serious with MMA, do you think he walked in people's houses telling them they dress like shit and there pipework is for pussys? It's all an act he's learned from Mayweather himself that being that way earns you more money "Money Mayweather" has earned a lot more money than "Pretty Boy Floyd". As people have said if it's a question of who's the most despicable human being then Mayweather wins hands down.

good try.

I don't really care if it's an act or not, they're both massive bellends either way; men richer than Croesus and they're shilling themselves through the use of homophobic bravado to make even more cash from a farcical pantomime. I think it's possibly worse if it is an act, as it means they know they're acting like cunts but are happy to portray that behaviour because of greed.

I hope they knock each other out with megaton punches in the first second of the fight, and the resultant shockwave somehow makes everyone dumb enough to pay for it sterile.

These brash, arrogant attitudes obviously seem to sell well, especially appealing to casuals and McGregor and Mayweather are smart enough to know how to play on it. Floyd has been playing an almost wrestling like villain for a few years now and it's got to the stage where 80% want him to lose but still happily pay for it. If I try to justify why I dislike McGregor more, I'm not sure there is that much logic to it, they are both pricks, it's just McGregor's brand of arrogance and self-promotion winds me up more. Yet I am still relatively intrigued to see what will happen.

Feel the same, although i certainly won't be staying up to watch it

He's going to get pasted with eleventy shots per minute. He'll be found wanting. He'll go home an even richer man then go successfully defended the 155 belt.

Be interesting when he does come back as they hard work begins

Beating Eddie was the easiest part at 155lb

• Tony Ferguson.
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Edson Barboza.

All sitting in weight

Barboza is deffo one that could challenge him on the feet,his kicks are incredible. Id still fancy Conor though

The other two are another matter. If Conor cannot gt hands on Khabib before Khabib gets his hands on him he is going for a ride and Conor grappling has never looked his strongest point. Tony Ferguson is just a allround best.

And if he ever goes up to 170lb i think the top guys are just far too big and strong

Yea it's definitely interesting at lw at the moment. Conor said he wants Khabib in Russia (although it'll be in America, let's face it) so if Khabib makes weight I'd say that will happen. It all depends who's disciplined enough to execute their game plan while avoiding the others glaring advantages. The fight will be on a knife edge.

Yep

Khabib is the one saying no to Russia as there is no money there with the lack of PPV. Unless Putin makes the oligarchs stumped up the cash i dont see it happening. The oligarchs may well stump up though as Akhmed Aliev has his fingures in the MMA pie. Paying loads of fighters ti go out and take his blood money. Some real dodgy shit as he employs the fighters and fighters and police'guards. Loads of brutal reports. 

Am i wrong for starting to wonder if Paulie has been thrown a few hundred grand for all this shit. Continued to keep the fight in tbe news,sell a few more PPV

Baiting up his own money fight I reckon.

Mcgregor vs Malignaggi 2018

That's how things work these days.