You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

Actually the rumours out of it from what ive read is that the sparring went rough,thats from joe Cortez who was the ref in the camp sparring. Thing is if Conor cannot get the better of Paulie in a sparring match at this stage of Paulie's career he has no hope of anything but a freak left hand landing against Floyd(not that we didn't know that). The bigger thing was that after 6 rounds the rumour is Conor was fucked.

might look at the odds of a late Floyd finish.

Though i could see Floyd carrying him if he see's the potential for a rematch

Those pictures are why Paulie got pissed off and left. The McGregor camp were making out Conor gave him a pasting.

For what it's worth Paulie reckons he gave McGregor a bit of a whooping and has called on them to release the footage of the full 12 rounds to prove it.

Obviously the pics are being used to hook more suckers into thinking McGregor has a chance so there's no way any more footage will come out.

Those pictures are why Paulie got pissed off and left. The McGregor camp were making out Conor gave him a pasting.

For what it's worth Paulie reckons he gave McGregor a bit of a whooping and has called on them to release the footage of the full 12 rounds to prove it.

Obviously the pics are being used to hook more suckers into thinking McGregor has a chance so there's no way any more footage will come out.

That's how I see it as well

Do you think the black eyes are painted on to get even more suckers?

I'm not shocked he left, the pictures coming out weren't professional, but he came out of the first sparring match with his tail between his legs, now he has stormed off after having his face smacked hard enough to make him look like a beaten housewife.

I'm not saying that Connor beat his ass, but we know that he can certainly hit a two time champion hard enough to hurt him. We are lead to believe that Connor won't land a single punch on Mayweather, that it's so fucking crazy that it'll be a walk through.

It's getting to the point where it's incredibly disrespectful. He's not a 12 year old girl facing Tyson in his prime. He might lose, but at least treat him as a fixing fighter and not a bitch. And it's not really nice to refer to anybody showing that level of respect to the multi-weight champion as 'suckers'.

• Downvote 2

HAHA

Fucking hell

McGregor is a MMA fighter and a good one. But he is a damn amatuer at boxing at best,he has no amatuer experience at any level. I think there is reference to one small schoolboy title. No nationals,no international level fighting experience. There is video eveidence of him a few years back sparring a nobody and looking terrible. Yeah he keeps releasing all the pictures of him knocking people down but so what. According to Joe Cortez who is being paid by McGreggor he he to step in between them as it was getting past sparring. If Conor can't take Paulie out fully at the state he is in nowadays then no he has no fucking chance past a freak shot of beating one of the tactically and defensive greatest boxers of all time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously mate, no one is disrespecting McGregors achievements within the sport he actually achieved them in. Just because people think he'll get easily beaten by one of the GOAT in a different sport, it doesn't make them disrespectful.

If the sport he was a champion of darts or golf, then no problem. But he's a fighter. A fucking good one. A young, strong, hard hitting fighter. Now, these two are going to fight, and there's no doubt that Mayweather, the best defensive boxer in history, is the favourite under the rules of boxing. Even if he hasn't fought in two years, is over 40, and is smaller, he's definitely the clear favourite. If that was how it was being framed by some, I'd have no issue. But you post pictures of a two times champ with a battered face and you're called a sucker for not pissing on his chances. He does have a chance, even if it's only a punchers chance, but he's much better than that.

Because you took the post seriously.

Read the second post before getting your panties all twisted up.

The rumours are that they went toe to toe in sparring to the point that Joe Cortez had to step in and that Conor was blowing out his arse later on. Which would not suprise anyone as he has very rarely gone late into a MMA fight and everytime he has he has been blowing hard.

Also Paulie has got the arse because they released tbe picture saying they knocked him down which is disputed by him.

Add to that that if you've read tbe whole thread you'd know who i want to win. And my opinions on Mayweather.

And seeing as ive never seen you post in any of the regular MMA or Boxing threads and your jumping to the defense of Conor so valiantly im guessing you've been ropped in thst this is better than a 90-10 chance in Mayweather favour

• Upvote 1

Do you think the black eyes are painted on to get even more suckers?

I'm not shocked he left, the pictures coming out weren't professional, but he came out of the first sparring match with his tail between his legs, now he has stormed off after having his face smacked hard enough to make him look like a beaten housewife.

I'm not saying that Connor beat his ass, but we know that he can certainly hit a two time champion hard enough to hurt him. We are lead to believe that Connor won't land a single punch on Mayweather, that it's so fucking crazy that it'll be a walk through.

It's getting to the point where it's incredibly disrespectful. He's not a 12 year old girl facing Tyson in his prime. He might lose, but at least treat him as a fixing fighter and not a bitch. And it's not really nice to refer to anybody showing that level of respect to the multi-weight champion as 'suckers'.

Dude, I was just relaying what Paulie said were his reasons for leaving. He also said they'd done a couple of hard 12 rounds, which is to Conor's credit.

I don't think Paulie is a bullshitter, and he has no reason to be being a retired fighter.

Why would the McGregor camp release pictures exaggerating McGregor's capability if not to hook more suckers to pay for the fight?

• Upvote 1

So what

He came back again in tbe later rounds. Its a second wind in a sparring match against a fighter multiple years out of his prime. Who even in his prime couldn't punch and was a level below Mayweather.

Mayweather may have brittle hands but he is Mike Tyson is comparison to Paulie hitting powet

@clarence So Malignaggi was telling lies about how hard he went in rounds 11 and 12? And MMA rounds are entirely different in terms of physical assertion, practically incomparable.

Go and watch the fights Conor has got tired in. Its not the fights that there was grappling playing a large amount of the fight. He got tired trying to bomb Nate out in a round,got tired in the rematch which was also on the feet.

I don't like Floyd but the fucker has a good defense as anyone ive seen in the ring. Fairly recently shut down Canelo and Pacquiao after layoffs and does have a good chin as shown by him taking Shane Mosley shot square on the jaw

He was fucked in both Diaz fights. Its the only fights that have gone that long barring tbe one he tore his knee up in.

Both Diaz fights were stand up fights with little grappling till he initiated a clinch in the first after he gassed and got tagged by a guy that isn't a hard hitter.

He was fucked in both Diaz fights. Its the only fights that have gone that long barring tbe one he tore his knee up in.

Both Diaz fights were stand up fights with little grappling till he initiated a clinch in the first after he gassed and got tagged by a guy that isn't a hard hitter.

He was fucked in the first one. We know why that was. He wasn't fucked in the second one, and there absolutely was grappling/holding in that fight, and he won. He didn't start to tire until the fifth round which is when they were both holding against the cage. And he won. So essentially he was gassed out once. Once. One time. That's now the law. He's got no stamina because he was fucked once. Against a much bigger, heavier fighter. It's a nonsense. But look, he might gas out against Mayweather, he will probably be chasing him around the ring for much of the fight. I don't think he will, but he might. As I said before, I think it'll go one of two ways. First, and most likely, Mayweather will show that he's the more talented boxer, run him around, defend, dodge, and jab, then win the fight in 12. No problem with that, it's good boxing. It's shit fighting, but it's good boxing. Secondly, Connor knocks him the fuck out. I think it's unlikely, but there's little more that I'd like to see than Mayweather out cold on the canvas.

Those pics Mcgregor posts just come off as incredibly desperate. Who knows what really happened, but it's shithouse behaviour to be doing what he's doing.

A lot of his fans are absolutely deluded beyond belief though, absolutely insufferable. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. Fair play to him for roping them all in for the ride though I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Malignaggi has come out and said that he was pushed to the floor in that picture. I don't think Paulies a liar nor do I think he would say release the 12 round footage if he didn't really outbox McGregor because he'd look like a twat and now that his job is to be a commentator he has to at least have some sort of credibility or people will just dismiss everything he says like they do when Bellew is doing punditry.

It's a bit disrespectful to show these pictures even if it was a legitimate knockdown from McGregor, what's happened to what happens in sparring stays in sparring? Malignaggi is keeping to his word and saying he won't reveal any kind of tactics or any insight to McGregors training regime.

I actually like Connor and would like him to win just because it would be mental if it actually happened but his team comes across as snakey after this, it's probably working in getting a few more casuals involved though because it does look like he's battered a two-time world champion but he'd only solely be interested more PPVs if he doesn't believe he has any chance of winning, if he wins he'd probably get a rematch worth double of what he's getting now but if he gets humiliated then he's got no chance of a rematch and this is his cashout fight.