You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

"punches much harder, can take twice the punch his opponent can give, faster" aren't verifiable facts, ma brutha.

It's fairly easy to verify that he can hit harder, even Mayweather says it. Mayweather isn't a striker anymore. Surely everybody knows this? Mayweather sure does.

As for being able to take double what Mayweather can handle... I would suggest that being repeatedly pounded in the head by a near 200lbs man whilst his head was on the ground with 4oz gloves certifies that he can handle the - to quote one Boxing commentator - pillow punches handed out by Mayweather. I watched a video on the science behind the force inflicted by 4oz gloves vs boxing gloves, you should check it out. I think that, coupled with seeing what he has taken with those gloves, will be enough to convince you he can take much more than Mayweather can send his way.

Faster is more difficult to verify, as it would need to be defined. I'm going with the notoriously fast 29 year old over the 41 year old though.

So you think Mayweather punches harder? Do you think Connor can't take Mayweather punches, or are you just arguing against the terminology I used?

McGregor will be given rounds by the judges just for exceeding the very low expectations that people seem to have. It happened in the Horn fight, and can see it happening here as well. In saying that, he has a punchers chance, at best, of winning.

It's fairly easy to verify that he can hit harder, even Mayweather says it. Mayweather isn't a striker anymore. Surely everybody knows this? Mayweather sure does.

As for being able to take double what Mayweather can handle... I would suggest that being repeatedly pounded in the head by a near 200lbs man whilst his head was on the ground with 4oz gloves certifies that he can handle the - to quote one Boxing commentator - pillow punches handed out by Mayweather. I watched a video on the science behind the force inflicted by 4oz gloves vs boxing gloves, you should check it out. I think that, coupled with seeing what he has taken with those gloves, will be enough to convince you he can take much more than Mayweather can send his way.

Faster is more difficult to verify, as it would need to be defined. I'm going with the notoriously fast 29 year old over the 41 year old though.

So you think Mayweather punches harder? Do you think Connor can't take Mayweather punches, or are you just arguing against the terminology I used?

Still don't see "verifiable facts" in there. And it's not about if Mcgregor can "take" Mayweather's punches, Mayweather obviously won't slug him, he doesn't operate that way. It's about can Mcgregor not get embarrassed and counter-punched to death and the answer to that is no, obviously, because if guys like Canelo and Juan Manuel Marquez were made to look like scrubs, then so will Mcgregor. Anything else is moot, really, because this is a boxing match between a boxer and a guy who is not a boxer. It's not an MMA fight or a brawl in an alley. 

I didn't offer any facts, just reason. I wasn't aware that you were asking me to verify them. I'm fairly comfortable with the fucking obvious, so I'll not waste my time trying to persuade. The rest of what you wrote doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

Just listing verifiable facts, ma brutha.

Yeah, ok. 

I don't think Mayweather has the power to Ko Mcgregor but I think the accumulation will do it along with McGregor gassing. Pretty much how the 1st Diaz fight went when he couldn't ko Nate/ gassed and tried to take him down.

Yeah, he was proper fucked in the first round. I was listening to Rogan on it again the other day, do you not think the size he was fighting at had something to do with it? He has shown since that stamina wasn't such a huge problem.

You can't seem to comprehend the difference between saying something is a verifiable fact and actually verifying it on a forum, so I think I'll leave it there.

You can't seem to comprehend that you look like a bit of an idiot, so I also think I'll leave it there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, he was proper fucked in the first round. I was listening to Rogan on it again the other day, do you not think the size he was fighting at had something to do with it? He has shown since that stamina wasn't such a huge problem.

Possibly but I can't see him being in great shape this time given the state he was in when he was here for the grand national and I'm assuming he parties like that regular.

The difference in the first and second fight with Nate was he didn't engage as much with Nate early on (thinking he could kO him) but it was still a very close fight and he still got tagged.

I think Connor knows he won't win and is solely doing it for the money. Must be mad for him getting beat by someone he'd take apart in his own discipline though.

• Upvote 1

McGregor is younger and has got the power to knock Mayweather out blablabla.  People say this before nearly every Mayweather fight.  No good having a big punch if you can't connect, which he wont.  Canelo would knock Conors fucking head off with one of his  punches  and even he couldn't connect with Floyd and his feet/head movement are far superior to Conors.

Bringing up a retired out of shape Paulie Malignaggi's bruised face from sparring to back your case lol.  Paulie was NEVER a world class boxer and punches like a fairy.  

Gotta commend McGregor though, hes got some fools believing hes got a a chance of winning.  Just one quick look at the sparring photos and videos show how amateurish his boxing skills are.  So flat footed and constantly leaves his right arm down after throwing left, Mayweather will open him up in no time.

ESPN did a video regarding Mayweather punch power a while and it showed he has similar power to Nate Diaz who rocked conor.  Now just remember Mayweather is far quicker and more accurate than Diaz........  

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/17/15816264/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-sports-science-video-breakdown-mcgregor-hits-like-a-10-pound-sledgehammer

• Upvote 1

You can't seem to comprehend that you look like a bit of an idiot, so I also think I'll leave it there. 

You've not refuted, or even offered an opinion on anything I've said. Can you, like I asked and you ignored, tell me what you actually think? It really is easier to have a conversation like an adult, rather than calling people idiots. 

Pointless. 

You've not refuted, or even offered an opinion on anything I've said. Can you, like I asked and you ignored, tell me what you actually think? It really is easier to have a conversation like an adult, rather than calling people idiots. 

Pointless. 

You said you were listing objective facts, then you said you weren't. You clearly lost your train of thought or had no idea what you were talking about in the first place. I don't know, probably the latter.

Anyways, Mayweather has never fought a pro fight in MMA gloves and Mcgregor hasn't fought at a high level in 10oz gloves so it's literally impossible to tell who hits harder. To even speculate is dumb. For all you know, Mayweather could absolutely end careers in 4oz gloves annd Mcgregor could be a bunny in 10oz gloves. It's a stupid thing to talk about. And as for who has faster hands, it's not even a debate. 

• Upvote 1

Wasn't the first fight at 170 pounds?  Probably too big a jump from 145. 

Edit: Been watching a lot of Rogan's podcast lately in the build up to this.  Very interesting