You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

This size and power connundrum doesn't exist. Ali/Foreman? George was a total destroyer, lot bigger than Ali and crushing everyone around. (Remember that punch that lifted Frazier right off his feet? ) Ali, had a plan, and slayed the giant. There are other parables of course, but Mayweather, like Ali, is a totally schooled, and brilliant defensive boxer. He won't have any fear whatsoever of Conor's physical advantages. And people are seriously underestimating the skills of a real world class boxer vs someone who has a bit of lower league boxing in his arsenal. Conor will never have been hit as accurately and systematically (powderpuff, or not) like he will be by Mayweather, Then there is the stamina issue as well, after 4 rounds Conor will be gassing like Jan Molby chasing after Usain Bolt. Nah, the fact is, Conor's skills are thinly spread to suit his own discipline. He's a jack of all trades, whilst Mayweather is a MASTER of one. It will be fun seeing Conor fly out and try and lay it on Mayweather, (does anyone really think he will come out in an orthodox boxing stance??)  then it will all pan out into a big fat red face for the Irishman. (Literally).

• Upvote 1

You said you were listing objective facts

No, I said I was listing verifiable facts.

then you said you weren't.

No, I was referring to the post that you quoted and referred to. Surely your reading comprehension is above that of a five year old, so I assume you know this but you're just being a snide. I'll leave your childish insults to one side. It's all a bit pathetic to squabble like this, we're supposed to be on the same side. If you disagree, that's fine. I'm happy to back up the things that I said previously. If I can't, I'll retract them.

This size and power connundrum doesn't exist. Ali/Foreman? George was a total destroyer, lot bigger than Ali and crushing everyone around. (Remember that punch that lifted Frazier right off his feet? ) Ali, had a plan, and slayed the giant. There are other parables of course, but Mayweather, like Ali, is a totally schooled, and brilliant defensive boxer. He won't have any fear whatsoever of Conor's physical advantages. And people are seriously underestimating the skills of a real world class boxer vs someone who has a bit of lower league boxing in his arsenal. Conor will never have been hit as accurately and systematically (powderpuff, or not) like he will be by Mayweather, Then there is the stamina issue as well, after 4 rounds Conor will be gassing like Jan Molby chasing after Usain Bolt. Nah, the fact is, Conor's skills are thinly spread to suit his own discipline. He's a jack of all trades, whilst Mayweather is a MASTER of one. It will be fun seeing Conor fly out and try and lay it on Mayweather, (does anyone really think he will come out in an orthodox boxing stance??)  then it will all pan out into a big fat red face for the Irishman. (Literally).

That's a good post, in my opinion. I don't agree about gassing, but the rest is pretty much spot on. You can't take it away from Mayweather. 49-0 is no joke. I think people falsely equate saying Connor isn't some useless chump with 'Mayweather is getting his head kicked in' and get all defensive. 

That's a good post, in my opinion. I don't agree about gassing, but the rest is pretty much spot on.

Again though, I think you are missing the point . Accumulative punches to the torso, or anywhere else, will take a lot of gas out of Conor. Conor is used to intense spurts of rolling round on the floor and dancing around on one leg looking for an opportunity to strike. He's never been near anyone with the tools - and the licence to use them - like Mayweather. For me, it really is a case of horses for courses. 

• Upvote 1

I want McGregor to win, even though I don't like him very much. Mayweather is one of the best defensive boxers of all time, but to my eyes he just plays the percentages, and I find it boring. Obviously he is excellent at what he does, but I'm still hoping McGregor manages to catch him and knock him out. Fat chance, mind. Mayweather has made many accomplished boxers look like chumps, and McGregor is not an accomplished boxer. Outside chance of Mayweather slowing down perhaps, leading to a McGregor knockout? Trying to convince myself, but it won't happen!

I want McGregor to win, even though I don't like him very much. Mayweather is one of the best defensive boxers of all time, but to my eyes he just plays the percentages, and I find it boring. Obviously he is excellent at what he does, but I'm still hoping McGregor manages to catch him and knock him out. Fat chance, mind. Mayweather has made many accomplished boxers look like chumps, and McGregor is not an accomplished boxer. Outside chance of Mayweather slowing down perhaps, leading to a McGregor knockout? Trying to convince myself, but it won't happen!

I'll be surprised if most on here saying they wont watch it actually don't. Its intriguing despite it being a fucking circus. 

I'll be surprised if most on here saying they wont watch it actually don't. Its intriguing despite it being a fucking circus. 

A few of us might chance our arm at a stream and if no luck fuck paying any money to watch it. Might watch the highlights the next day though.

Just because you've been drawn in by the hype doesn't mean everyone else has. I won't be staying awake for it. I'll avoid looking online in the morning and see if there's a replay on Kodi but if there isn't I'm sure I'll get over it.

• Upvote 1