You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We need a window for fannies to be hysterical in, with a bar until at least 4th January before the failure to acquire a keeper, CB, full backs a commanding CM and a 25 goal per season striker can be moaned about

Fucking Hitler . I demand my right to be a hysterical fanny at all times

When have we ever gone back in for a player we'd chased all window? Don't think we've done it once have we?

Instead of continuing trying to get Lemar and vvd we'll probably go after a keeper or left back.

Anyway deals can't be done in January, it's science.

Yeah we dont exactly have a good track record in this regard. Never mind the fact Lemar will probably have a few teams going in for him and Southampton wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire at this point so id be amazed if they sold us VVD.

We need players, we will not sign players.

We will still have hope of signings on 31st Jan after being linked to numerous quality players but we will sign no one.

Collectively we will be disappointed but we all know there is no value in the January market. It's not like you could ever sign players like Suarez or Coutinho in January.

We will then have our appetites whetted by stories of WC players arriving in the summer and agree it was right to keep our powder dry in January.

• Upvote 1

We'll lash out loads of money for some player who we will get in January 2019.

John Henry will be eyeing up a new Yacht, the Republican Party supporting dickwad.

He donates to Democrats.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2016/03/01/boston-sports-owners-political-contributions/

Gutted for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll lash out loads of money for some player who we will get in January 2019.

John Henry will be eyeing up a new Yacht, the Republican Party supporting dickwad.

I’m genuinely starting to think that people here believe that John Henry is siphoning finds from Liverpool to buy himself a yacht. Now, he was a billionaire and a yacht owner long before buying liverpool, and he hasn’t taken a penny out of liverpool. So with that in mind, why do people keep mentioning it? It seems really strange to me.

I’m genuinely starting to think that people here believe that John Henry is siphoning finds from Liverpool to buy himself a yacht. Now, he was a billionaire and a yacht owner long before buying liverpool, and he hasn’t taken a penny out of liverpool. So with that in mind, why do people keep mentioning it? It seems really strange to me.

shut up with your pragmatic sense talking truths. That shits not welcome round here. We believe rumours and Twitter ITK's.and blueshite cabbies.

Probably because of FSG's reluctance to pay top wages to sign top players combined with him spending a shitload to buy a new yacht.

Agendas mate, simple as. Fits a narrative that all billionaire American owners see us as a cash cow rather than a football club.

I've seen nothing from them to suggest they are fraudulent as a oppose to Hicks and Gillet.

They are not perfect by any stretch and do make mistakes, however for me these are out weighed by the amount work they have put in behind the scenes. The stadium issue for one and the commercial aspects.

We bemoaned Parry and Moores for years for being behind United commercial wise and not making the most of this clubs global reach. FSG come in and now we are competing well within the top 10 clubs in the world for commercial output. Yet they get lambasted in here for signing up with the likes of Dunkin Donuts and snide remarks about "the brand". Parry could only muster a pathetic 3million a year deal with Carlsberg ffs.

The club is its best position in years, not one ounce of cash comes out of this club to the owners. Which is a lot more than can be said about a lot of clubs including United.

The alternative to this current model of ownership is either a sugar daddy, which people frequently say is unacceptable for this club.

Or fan ownership. Which would be ideal for the purist in our support and has worked elsewhere. However, we can't even decide if Oxlade-Chamberlain is good signing or not so good help us it we were in charge and had to decide on something important like a new manager.

Much of our frustration as supporters of this club stems for the fact we haven't got on the league in 27 years. This is not FSGs fault, in fact they are trying to remedy this fact.

It goes back to the early 90s when Kenny stepped down and the trauma and stigma attached to us after Hillsborough. Still in our trauma we froze as a club and city. We fell back into our tried and tested methods of recruiting within, someone we knew and trusted. It was our comfort blanket, but we choose the wrong man in Souness. He ended making changes but the wrong ones and decimated this club. We have been scrambling ever since.

This is what the anger at FSG boils down to in my honest opinion. The game has moved on considerably in 27 years and I think we've only just caught up in the last 5 years. That's because of FSG.

I will be called a FSG shill for this post or worse. I don't really care. I can see what they are trying to do and I can see what Klopp is trying to do with this team. I'm really excited for this season, VVD or no VVD, Coutinho or no Coutinho. We are going to come close to winning something big this year or we will actually win something. Either way, get off the anti FSG bandwagon, get on the terraces and get excited at this dead good football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2