You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Our next two windows should consist of us buying a potentially/already onthe cusp of being world class goalie, Virgil, Naby and Werner. Also swap in Lemar for Phil if he pisses the bed again. Great teams have great strikers. Bob is really good but imagine having a forward line or Mane,Salah, Bob and Werner when trying to break a team down.

Just like the previous two then.

That promes fella looked handy tonight

Thought that too.

Madness that he's still in Russia, normally the players here are off as soon as they're good enough to play at Sampdoria or Ajax, we haven't had one I was sure was capable of playing at a big club in a while. Promes isn't going to get in ahead of Mane or Salah but he'd be a really good backup for those two, and would still get 2000 league minutes (and 8 goals) probably even then.

Glad to see that everyone's lists still include a top goalkeeper. Of course CB is our biggest need, we can all see that, but I think it's clear we're prioritising VVD which solves that problem (although we might need yet another one still). However, we aren't being linked with any goalkeepers, which worries me. Unless Klopp is really convinced that Karius is going to be the man (and if he is why isn't he starting all our games?) then a top GK should be #2 on the priority list.

Thought that too.

Madness that he's still in Russia, normally the players here are off as soon as they're good enough to play at Sampdoria or Ajax, we haven't had one I was sure was capable of playing at a big club in a while. Promes isn't going to get in ahead of Mane or Salah but he'd be a really good backup for those two, and would still get 2000 league minutes (and 8 goals) probably even then.

Glad to see that everyone's lists still include a top goalkeeper. Of course CB is our biggest need, we can all see that, but I think it's clear we're prioritising VVD which solves that problem (although we might need yet another one still). However, we aren't being linked with any goalkeepers, which worries me. Unless Klopp is really convinced that Karius is going to be the man (and if he is why isn't he starting all our games?) then a top GK should be #2 on the priority list.

He supposedly earns £7m per year, which I guess is why he's not moved

Barca fans on Suarez...

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14058-9-Luis-Su%C3%A1rez/page132

Bring him home. 

"He just isn't the player he was and now we're stuck with him on a long contract while he enters his 30s.

Not good or sharp enough to play up front for Barca. If only we had Mbappe.

Joke of a player now. He's Espanyol level."

Come back Suarez. You know it makes sense.

Who would everyone want if they had the choice between Werner, Icardi and Belotti?

Icardi is the best finisher, Werner the most talented footballer. Belotti presses like a madman and is probably the most attainable out of the three. I'd pick Icardi but they'd all cost a fortune.

"He just isn't the player he was and now we're stuck with him on a long contract while he enters his 30s.

Not good or sharp enough to play up front for Barca. If only we had Mbappe.

Joke of a player now. He's Espanyol level."

Come back Suarez. You know it makes sense.

I am SO here for a few weeks of fantasising about a Suarez return.

My personal fantasy involves getting Suarez plus ... oh, let's say £40m for Coutinho. A front line of Salah - Suarez - Mane looks pretty decent to me.

Get Suarez back. He'd wreak havoc playing up top in this Klopp team. And Ashley Williams' head would fall off

Ship's sailed mate. No way he's coming back to Anfield . 

The owners would never sanction giving a long contract to a 31 year old with a dodgy knee

Barca will frustrate any signings they can after we slapped them down over Coutinho

Suarez probably doesn't want to have another crack at the PL or the British press

Fuck me, I thought some were bad on here. Is that forum translated or is it Barca fans from Britain or something? Because that’s disgraceful talking about our Luis like that, if he had any interest about coming back here we should be all over that. Coutinho and cash sounds good to me, his will to win alone improves this team 10 fold. Imagine what Mane and Salah would be like watching him pressing like a lune and also getting involved in it. He turned Sturridge and Sterling into £50m players so imagine what the likes of Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson who tend to have quiet games would be like, he doesn’t allow teammates to have quiet days. Get him back.