Anubis

January 2018 Transfer Thread

This is intolerable. It feels like we're standing still whilst our rivals strengthen. Even though we're in a good place, it just feels like a missed opportunity. Very, very frustrating.

Past ranting now.  We need about five first team players and we're actually weakening ourselves.  I truly wish any rival club was anywhere near as stupid as Liverpool, so I could pish myself laughing.

• Upvote 1

Aubameyang is a very good player but I trust Klopp. It would be unbecoming of him to say the whole truth in public, which I would imagine would be something like this: great player, fast, scores goals, work rate has dropped as profile has risen, can be a bit too full of himself which clashes with my ethic where the team is the star, etc.

We need more, no two ways about it, but if Aubameyang is not the one for Klopp he’s had years working with the player to form a qualified opinion.

Come on, there is NO point each season waiting for the "right player" when his arrival is only facilitated by another top departure. Can you not spot the pattern?

Hamster wheel.

I really don't understand why we're not.

Indeed. He's done very well in a deeper role this season. Would be exactly what Arsenal need, provided he replaces Xhaka in the starting eleven.

Not sure how they accommodate both of Aubameyang and Lacazette though.

Indeed. He's done very well in a deeper role this season. Would be exactly what Arsenal need, provided he replaces Xhaka in the starting eleven.

Been thinking that myself. Far too similar. 

FSG's cost-cutting knows no bounds.

Liverpool Football Club can confirm Andrew Parkinson, operations director, will leave the club following a senior level business restructure.

Wenger would be better off switching to 4-4-2 and using those two up top, with Ozil on the left and Mkhitaryan on the right, similar to when he had Pires and Ljungberg in his team. They lack a Vieira-like presence in midfield, but Wenger won't need to pick the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck up front as part of a 3.

I could not give one single fuck about any of the arseholes we've shipped out, not one.

Conversely, if pushed, I would probably admit to giving around 1.75 fucks that we have yet to bring in any reinforcements aside from Big Virg.

"Hearing a lot of chatter about Hoffenheim’s Demirbay heading either to #LFC or #BVB. He would be a great signing for both but that exit clause €32m doesn’t go active until the summer."

This is from Manuel Veth though. Same guy who was convinced we were getting Akanji.

Seeing everything happening around us, and what we're doing, is just surreal. Feels like thee top 6 is 5 football clubs who give a shit about where they finish in the table and, god forbid, winning trophies, and 1 business that exists solely to run on a profit. We're the odd ones out.

Be an absolute fucking miracle if Klopp takes this squad past the finishing line and we finish top 4 again. Although I have to be honest and say that I don't even feel like it matters much in the long term whether we make it to the CL or not, evidently it doesn't matter and all the talk about spending some money once we're in the CL was all bollocks this entire time. This window has been the lowest of all lows under FSG and there have been some real lows, and this happened when we're in the CL.

Sky Sources......

No sky sports journalists have had a purple Dildo shoved in their ears so far on this transfer deadline day, but they expect that to change before the window SLAMS shut at 11pm.