You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Klopps position shouldnt even be up for debate this season.

Don't think anyone is gunning for Klopp as such. People, well at least I am is sick of the lack of transfers we clearly need. If it's down to Klopp only, then I'd be gunning at him, but as Barry Wom wrote a bit earlier in the thread. I think he doesn't have the finances to do it. 

It's been pretty much the same story under FSG now. They claim each transfer window, that we can compete with anyone, but it never happens.

Cancer and aids had snoogy doogy. FSG have VVD. Same same but different.

Klopps position shouldnt even be up for debate this season.

I agree, just using the match thread moans to make a point about our transfers; the current setup isn't functioning.  If things continue in the same way, get someone in preparing for January.

Anyway, in more traditional transfer thread bullshit, get on the phone to Real to get a price for Mariano.

I don't think there's many Liverpool fans that want klopp gone. But the media love spinning shit like this, couple more draws or losses and its all "Klopp Kopp crisis" or some such nonsense, before you know it klopp is actually under pressure, having to answer bullshit questions about his job, could go down hill from there.

I teally cannot fucking syand him but the way things are right now. Depending on cost Vardy would be worth a shout in January. He is a horrible cunt but knows how to play on the back of defender's and scores.

We're too snobby to get Vardy, which is part of our problem in recent years.

We'd probably not want Kane if he was banging them in at Watford and not Spurs.

Don't think anyone is gunning for Klopp as such. People, well at least I am is sick of the lack of transfers we clearly need. If it's down to Klopp only, then I'd be gunning at him, but as Barry Wom wrote a bit earlier in the thread. I think he doesn't have the finances to do it. 

It's been pretty much the same story under FSG now. They claim each transfer window, that we can compete with anyone, but it never happens.

Cancer and aids had snoogy doogy. FSG have VVD. Same same but different.

It does make you wonder if funds are so scarce who seen fit so late in the transfer window to spunk all that money and wages on Chamberlain.

Poor scoring record, poor assists record, horrendous injury record, running down the last year of his contract and represented by that fucking thundercunt (that should in itself be enough to pass on him).

Today, with Mane out injured, we played the two Brazilians who have barely been in the country 48 hours after a 12 hour plane journey. What's the point of Chamberlain and the precious resources spent on him?

As baffling a signing as Balotelli (but without the beauts buying the shirts) if not more so.

• Upvote 1

We're too snobby to get Vardy, which is part of our problem in recent years.

We'd probably not want Kane if he was banging them in at Watford and not Spurs.

I think the fact that he'd cost about £40m would be a bigger consideration. If we're spending that type of money on a short term option we'd be better off just adding £20m-£30m on top and getting Icardi, Belotti or Werner. Someone that can help us over a long period of time, rather than a year or two.

I think the fact that he'd cost about £40m would be a bigger consideration. If we're spending that type of money on a short term option we'd be better off just adding £20m-£30m on top and getting Icardi, Belotti or Werner. Someone that can help us over a long period of time, rather than a year or two.

Agree with this.

Goals are the most precious commodity in the game....it defies logic when we as a club don't have masses of money to spend and go and spend 40m on a player like AOC who is going to struggle to get into our best 11 and who we don't really know where he is meant to fit and whilst doing so don't have a proper natural goalscorer at the club. Surely that money could have got us a finisher.

Refusing to count Sturridge before anyone throws his name out as it is obvious he is finished.

The Sturridge thing is really odd it's like fsg insist on him being kept or something.. He has been dead for years.. Where we even linked to any replacements over the summer in a serious manner?

Him & Ings staying are the reason we’re not going for a top draw striker. FSG aren’t gonna be forking out extra wages while these 2 are taking home £200k pwk between them and hardly getting on the pitch for us.

If we have any chance of getting quality in in January, hopefully we can cut our losses on these 2 and let someone else have the problem

We need to throw shitloads of money at Atletico and sign Oblak. And either get VVD or move for another CB. Its so obvious a class GK and CB would transform us completely from a side competing for fourth to a side competing for first place.

Not without a top class striker it wont