Quantcast
January 2018 Transfer Thread - Page 193 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2018 Transfer Thread

We tried to bring in Keita, it's just that Leipzig have him under contract and aren't fucking mental enough to sell their best player when the Champions League places are still up for grabs.

Just us it seems

If we do not replace Coutinho this window one of Kent or Wilson has to be on the bench, pace is needed off the bench. Not ideal but preferable to Ings in my opinion.

That's a depressing post. 

Mental that we just sold our best player with 4 years left on his contract for megabucks and don't look like replacing him. Its not like we don't have loads to play for in the remainder of the season. 

Mental that we just sold our best player with 4 years left on his contract for megabucks and don't look like replacing him. Its not like we don't have loads to play for in the remainder of the season.

Sadly it's reflective of our current predicament, not replacing him now will cost us, not may, will.

Also its not like this is a surprise and we didn't expect it to happen. 

The Mancs are having a similar season to ourselves even though we are by far the better team to watch.

Both of us are in the champions league places still in the FA cup and both have a side they should beat to get to the quarter finals in the Champions League. 

They go and buy one of the best forwards in the league while we sell arguably our best player. 

United sign a world class footballer, and folk on here are vilifying them for the financial outlay on a 29 year old. FSG have so successfully engineered the debate around our transfer business that our rivals are mocked for spending money. "Haha, they'll never win the Net Spend Cup with that attitude". Yeah, £142m, great, but a sack of money never scored a goal.

• Upvote 6

I guess waiting for your preffered targets has its merits.

Hope Klopp doesnt apply it when out for a meal with his wife.......

Klopp: Hmm... I will have the Lamb please

Waiter:: Sorry sir, we are out of Lamb, not getting any until next week

Klopp: Hmmmm. Could I pay for the lamb now and have it next week?

Waiter: Ummm..I guess

Klopp: Great. I will have my dinner next week. Get your coat darling, we are going home

• Upvote 1

United sign a world class footballer, and folk on here are vilifying them for the financial outlay on a 29 year old. FSG have so successfully engineered the debate around our transfer business that our rivals are mocked for spending money. "Haha, they'll never win the Net Spend Cup with that attitude". Yeah, £142m, great, but a sack of money never scored a goal.

The orchestrated PR campaign by FSG has been very successful.

Super-fans line up to berate fellow supporters for wanting the squad improved, truly astonishing. Whilst constantly sneering at clubs with ambition the mind boggles.

• Upvote 2

The orchestrated PR campaign by FSG has been very successful.

Super-fans line up to berate fellow supporters for wanting the squad improved, truly astonishing. Whilst constantly sneering at clubs with ambition the mind boggles.

I tend to find the fans calling others super fans are in fact the 'super fans.'

I tend to find the fans calling others super fans are in fact the 'super fans.'

I disagree. I think the fans who post about fans calling others super fans are in fact the 'super fans'.

I guess waiting for your preffered targets has its merits.

Hope Klopp doesnt apply it when out for a meal with his wife.......

Klopp: Hmm... I will have the Lamb please

Waiter:: Sorry sir, we are out of Lamb, not getting any until next week

Klopp: Hmmmm. Could I pay for the lamb now and have it next week?

Waiter: Ummm..I guess

Klopp: Great. I will have my dinner next week. Get your coat darling, we are going home

Waiter: Hold on a second Mister Klopp. Your boss has just called and said you have to eat this McDonalds burger right now and pay 90m pounds for it.

Klopp: That’s ridiculous and anyway if I eat this McDonalds burger now though I won’t be able to afford my lamb later and I’ll go home hungry anyway because the burger won’t fill me up.

Fellow diner: Your boss is shit. He should have forced you to eat the burger because some guys on the internet told him to. Even if you were really good at your job and it ended up meaning you left the job.

Waiter: Hold on a second Mister Klopp. Your boss has just called and said you have to eat this McDonalds burger right now and pay 90m pounds for it.

Klopp: That’s ridiculous and anyway if I eat this McDonalds burger now though I won’t be able to afford my lamb later and I’ll go home hungry anyway because the burger won’t fill me up.

Fellow diner: Your boss is shit. He should have forced you to eat the burger because some guys on the internet told him to. Even if you were really good at your job and it ended up meaning you left the job.

Ahhh.

I thought my analogy was fucking mental

Can we pay for the lamb in the summer and eat it the summer after?

Food analogies aside, for whatever reason it appears as though the club has decided not to bring in anyone else. It's a bet that what we have now will be enough to get the job done (whatever that means to the club these days). Time will tell if it's the right call, it seems thin margins on the face of it but we'll see.

Food analogies aside, for whatever reason it appears as though the club has decided not to bring in anyone else. It's a bet that what we have now will be enough to get the job done (whatever that means to the club these days). Time will tell if it's the right call, it seems thin margins on the face of it but we'll see.

It wouldnt be fun if it was easy.