You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Aubameyang to Arsenal: transfer finalised in 'two to three days'

18:00: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has agreed personal terms with Arsenal but no fee has been finalised with Borussia Dortmund.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis, chief scout Sven Mislintat and contract negotiator Huss Fahmy were all spotted in Germany over the weekend as they held talks with Dortmund about Aubameyang.

The Gabon international trained with his team-mates today in a sign that a deal is not imminent but his father has been in London for discussions.

Liverpool have reached an agreement with an 18-year-old Colombian defender, according to a report.

Independiente del Valle teenager Anderson Arroyo previously underwent a trial with the club, and now looks set to sign a deal at Anfield, World Football Index claims.

Liverpool could loan Arroyo out initially to get playing time as a work permit is understood to be difficult to secure.

He has already represented Colombia’s U20 side and may join Spanish Segunda Division side Mallorca on loan initially, having also had a trial there.

The Reds have gone 18 matches unbeaten in all competitions and a win at Swansea on Monday night would put them five points ahead of Spurs in fifth place.

Providing they avoid defeat, it will also be the club’s longest unbeaten run for more than 21 years.

In the last couple of years, the club seems to have changed its policy for getting rid of unwanted players. I think the Balotelli deal was the tipping point. We won't accept shit loan deals that do not benefit us in any way, and we won't sell players on the cheap. It means that one or two players will end up sticking around but not playing, and other clubs who'd hoped to pick up a bargain or a very favourable deal (for them) either have to cough up or look elsewhere. With the amount of money in the game, why should we short-change ourselves?

Which is my point. We can't get rid because nobody will pay us, or him. A laon so that he can make the England squad and prove his fitness?

Why don't you 'prove' your fitness for thr team that has paid your wages these past 4 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Liverpool have reached an agreement with an 18-year-old Colombian defender, according to a report.

Independiente del Valle teenager Anderson Arroyo previously underwent a trial with the club, and now looks set to sign a deal at Anfield, World Football Index claims.

Liverpool could loan Arroyo out initially to get playing time as a work permit is understood to be difficult to secure.

He has already represented Colombia’s U20 side and may join Spanish Segunda Division side Mallorca on loan initially, having also had a trial there.

The Reds have gone 18 matches unbeaten in all competitions and a win at Swansea on Monday night would put them five points ahead of Spurs in fifth place.

Providing they avoid defeat, it will also be the club’s longest unbeaten run for more than 21 years.

why do we do this !!! last player we signed that couldnt get a permit 4 years on still cant get 1 !!! 

Ah, so he wasn't "fucking injured all the time" then?

Those stats (https://mobile.twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/955387482400546817/photo/1) support my suggestion that Klopp just hasn't fancied him and he doesn't suit his system. Which I have no qualm with, because I don't think he does either. The oddity is the fact that we didn't sell him last year when it was blatantly obvious that was the case.

But ''yeah okay'', as you said before. 

In case you haven't realized it yet; Sturridge is finished at the top level.

We're at the point where it doesn't matter if he's fit or not, because he can't fucking run anymore even when he's fit.

That's the reason he's not playing, not because of what system we play.

In case you haven't realized it yet; Sturridge is finished at the top level.

We're at the point where it doesn't matter if he's fit or not, because he can't fucking run anymore even when he's fit.

That's the reason he's not playing, not because of what system we play.

I agree. My point is that I - and most people - realized this along time ago. That probably includes you.

(FWIW, i think its a bit of both. He's definitely shitter, but he'd also score a fair few goals in a team that catered to his remaining strengths)

Please riddle me, non-hysterical ones, which target is not available when you have 140 million in your pocket?

Every target we're after, apparently.

Fuck we can't even get a player in early that we practically own.

Imagine not having to watch a Wijnaldum attempt to play football. That's worth £20mill alone.

LUCAS: I'M NOT HAPPY AT PSG

Lucas Moura says he is "not happy" at Paris Saint-Germain as he continues to be left out in the cold by the Ligue 1 club.

Moura has made just six appearances this season for PSG, who are understood to be listening to permanent offers for the 25-year-old.

Sources close to the winger told Sky Sports News that Tottenham are interested in Moura, while Manchester United have been keen in the past.

Moura has previously hinted that he expects to leave for a move to the Premier League and the Brazil international told L'Equipe he is "gutted" at being frozen out by the French giants

4th placed Liverpool are 3 points off 2nd.

2nd placed team buys Alexis Sanchez and sells nobody.

4th placed Liverpool sell Phillipe Coutinho and buy nobody.

Things are boss.

We're 6 points off second.

The mancs sold Mikhytarian or whatever the fuck his name is back to Arsenal. The mancs still strengthened though.

LUCAS: I'M NOT HAPPY AT PSG

Lucas Moura says he is "not happy" at Paris Saint-Germain as he continues to be left out in the cold by the Ligue 1 club.

Moura has made just six appearances this season for PSG, who are understood to be listening to permanent offers for the 25-year-old.

Sources close to the winger told Sky Sports News that Tottenham are interested in Moura, while Manchester United have been keen in the past.

Moura has previously hinted that he expects to leave for a move to the Premier League and the Brazil international told L'Equipe he is "gutted" at being frozen out by the French giants

He’s not very good though.