You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Not a chance.

His statistical profile is one of the worst I've ever seen for a transfer to a superclub like Barca. Actually, Andre Gomes was in the same ballpark. Just inexplicable. You can bet Edwards will never even consider it.

If we're going to go after a fullback (which we might not as Robertson has emerged over the last couple of weeks) it will be a return for Emerson. Roma want 20-25m, Chelsea are sniffing around. We reportedly had a deal for him all agreed before his injury late last season; he's only just come back from that.

This was his last season radar, absolutely outstanding:

DTtrw5lUMAMOjRD.jpg

I'll take Books please Jim.

• Upvote 6

Don Balon claim that the Reds are among a number of clubs tracking the Colombian star and have entered into talks with his agent as they search for a replacement for Philippe Coutinho who departed Anfield this month for Barcelona.

However, with Rodriguez currently midway through his first season at Bayern Munich having agreed a two-year loan switch to the Bundesliga club last summer, Liverpool could be thwarted in their hopes of landing the player if the Bavarians refuse to send him back early to the Spanish capital.

We're really not signing anyone. You can put your speculation on hold for a few months, transfer children.

I don't think there is much doubt that our buys AOC, Keita and VVD were made with the very clear intention of being made in lieu of the sale of Coutinho and as such the books are pretty much balanced/small outlay and we'll get our usual smallish investment again in the summer.

A few rumours here and there but not much:

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers refused to give assurances over the future of Moussa Dembele as rumours of a move away from Celtic Park circulate.

Dembele enjoyed a spectacular debut season in Scotland last year and scored 32 goals in 49 games.

As a result, speculation about a move from Celtic has only intensified and Rodgers refused to commit to saying the striker will stay beyond January.

“I can't say either way,” he said.

“You just never know. But at this moment in time Moussa is here and training.

“We shall see.”

Crystal Palace have been linked with a move for the former Fulham man, but may face competition from Brighton.

Chris Hughton ‘categorically’ denied the Seagulls had made a bid for the France under-21 international earlier this month – although a move to the Premier League could still happen.

Wasn’t it Warnock a few years back when Rafa fielded a weakened side in the run in v some relegation rival, and Warnock went on about it for years because his side got relegated, despite him fielding a weakened team days previously v one of the big 4.

I may have that totally wrong. But that’s why I hate him. Anyone telling me otherwise will not alter that fact!

I remember a cup game when there was bad blood and after we beat his side Henchoz must have looked at him as he spat on the turf and Warnock, totally triggered, could be clearly lipread as saying 'That's the lowest of the fucking low'. All I remember was being very satisfied at beating them.

Inter Milan want to sign Daniel Sturridge on loan for the rest of the season, writes @JamesPearceEcho

Inter insist they aren’t in a position to match the Reds’ £30million asking price but they would be willing to pay a loan fee and all of his wages. (James Pearce)

Real Betis have also been in contact over Sturridge, but the terms of the Spanish club’s loan proposal were unappealing. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp is keen for Sturridge to stay for the rest of the season but will grant him his wish if Liverpool receive a suitable offer. Southampton and West Ham have also been linked. (James Pearce)

I don't think there is much doubt that our buys AOC, Keita and VVD were made with the very clear intention of being made in lieu of the sale of Coutinho and as such the books are pretty much balanced/small outlay and we'll get our usual smallish investment again in the summer.

Keita is next season too so it's a profit this season if nothing else happens in jan.

Tv?

Prem?

Commercial revenue?

It looks like it was cou for vvd and keita all along. And they added their standard 20 to 30 for oxlade

• Downvote 1

Keita is next season too so it's a profit this season if nothing else happens in jan.

Tv?

Prem?

Commercial revenue?

It looks like it was cou for vvd and keita all along. And they added their standard 20 to 30 for oxlade

According to Ian Ayre, the revamped Main Stand would generate an extra £25m which would all be reinvested into the squad.

Throw that in as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-stadium-anfield-club-expect-to-match-chelsea-in-match-day-revenue-when-their-expanded-new-9978575.html

Sturridge’s £120k per week wages are another stumbling block, supposedly scuppering a potential move to Newcastle a week ago.

Since then, the England international and his camp have purportedly reached out to Serie A’s Inter Milan(!), and according to the Liverpool Echo, the Italians have now reached back. As per every deal with an Italian club ever, Inter claim to possess insufficient funds for a permanent deal, but would be willing to pay a loan fee, as well as cover the totality of Sturridge’s wages for the duration of the loan.

Not a chance.

His statistical profile is one of the worst I've ever seen for a transfer to a superclub like Barca. Actually, Andre Gomes was in the same ballpark. Just inexplicable. You can bet Edwards will never even consider it.

If we're going to go after a fullback (which we might not as Robertson has emerged over the last couple of weeks) it will be a return for Emerson. Roma want 20-25m, Chelsea are sniffing around. We reportedly had a deal for him all agreed before his injury late last season; he's only just come back from that.

This was his last season radar, absolutely outstanding:

DTtrw5lUMAMOjRD.jpg

Lad can’t tackle!

Leave him be and watch Mad Dog Robbo go. He’ll be a fixture in the side for years.