You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 5m5 minutes ago

The situation with Naby Keita is still "in the balance." RB Leipzig are reluctant to sanction the early exit of the midfielder to #LFC, but he is pushing for it. A meeting is to be held prior to the weekend to decide the next steps... http://www.goal.com/en/news/leipzig-consider-letting-naby-keita-join-liverpool-in/86g31lp35dbg1g2ww0d7rxke9

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 5m5 minutes ago

The situation with Naby Keita is still "in the balance." RB Leipzig are reluctant to sanction the early exit of the midfielder to #LFC, but he is pushing for it. A meeting is to be held prior to the weekend to decide the next steps... http://www.goal.com/en/news/leipzig-consider-letting-naby-keita-join-liverpool-in/86g31lp35dbg1g2ww0d7rxke9

That is the key phrase - I am reluctant to masturbate over the 60 year old mature in my office, but, against my better judgement i find myself fapping away thinking of her! 

• Upvote 4

Apparently we've signed a replacement for Moreno.

Apparently...

"Liverpool have agreeing a deal to sign Real Betis left-back Riza Durmisi, according to reports in the Spanish media.

InformaBetis claim the Reds have held talks with the Seville-based club this move over a move for the player and it’s claimed a deal has been agreed, with the player set to move to Anfield in the summer.

The 24-year-old has excelled at Los Verdiblancos since joining from Brondby in the summer of 2016 and has been on Jurgen Klopp’s radar since moving to La Liga."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-spring-surprise-by-agreeing-deal-to-sign-real-betis-defender

Apparently we've signed a replacement for Moreno.

Apparently...

"Liverpool have agreeing a deal to sign Real Betis left-back Riza Durmisi, according to reports in the Spanish media.

InformaBetis claim the Reds have held talks with the Seville-based club this move over a move for the player and it’s claimed a deal has been agreed, with the player set to move to Anfield in the summer.

The 24-year-old has excelled at Los Verdiblancos since joining from Brondby in the summer of 2016 and has been on Jurgen Klopp’s radar since moving to La Liga."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-spring-surprise-by-agreeing-deal-to-sign-real-betis-defender

He has a €20 million buy out clauses according to hs wiki page
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't touch Sanchez. I'm not disputing that he's a top player, when he can be arsed, but at his age, his wages and his attitude, I would be steering well clear.

If he doesn't really want to be at Arsenal, where he, and his wife, REALLY wanted to be, for the shopping and the life, why would he be interested in us now?

Fuck that right off.

IF he did want to come here, which I really, really doubt, it would be for all the wrong reasons and it would cost is a fortune for a moody cunt who could well be past his best, who wouldn't really give a shit.

I can't see him fitting into either the FSG model or the Klopp criteria of player that we are after.

Three years too late for me. If City want him, which they do, and can afford his wages, which they can, fuck him, he can go there.

They can pay him a fortune for two seasons of labour and then pass him on to an Italian club.

I'd much rather we look at Werner or similar who has a longer shelf life and much more hunger.

I'm not against signing developed players, not at all. Just not Sanchez, he seems a cunt to me and given our situation, which isn't one of Oil riches and a bottomless pit, he seems the very antithesis of what we are about as a club.

Fuck him, let him scratch his balls and idle about and chuck his arms about somewhere else for 300k a week.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is absolute class, if we can afford his crazy wages I would be delighted to get him. Not that he'll come here but I don't blame him for wanting to leave Arsenal at all, or for asking for silly money knowing there are clubs rich enough and stupid enough to give him what he wants.

So, other than that he has downed tools at Arsenal, wants crazy wages, didn't want to come here a few seasons ago and wouldn't want to come here now, is getting older,would prefer a move to another club and by the time his (theoretical) contract ends he will be only fit for China or the Trump Super League, what is it that makes you want to go balls to avoid Alexis Sanchez?

Is he class? Yes he is. Has he been arsed in the last season of his contract? No. Does he want to come here? No.

Does he want twice as much as any other Liverpool player to be here for, what 2/3 seasons? Yes.

Can you see Klopp or FSG wanting him, given all you know about him and given his wage demands? Haha.

He's a City/PSG target. Let him go.

• Upvote 1

So, other than that he has downed tools at Arsenal, wants crazy wages, didn't want to come here a few seasons ago and wouldn't want to come here now, is getting older,would prefer a move to another club and by the time his (theoretical) contract ends he will be only fit for China or the Trump Super League, what is it that makes you want to go balls to avoid Alexis Sanchez?

Is he class? Yes he is. Has he been arsed in the last season of his contract? No. Does he want to come here? No.

Does he want twice as much as any other Liverpool player to be here for, what 2/3 seasons? Yes.

Can you see Klopp or FSG wanting him, given all you know about him and given his wage demands? Haha.

He's a City/PSG target. Let him go.

I wouldn't mind signing a world class player, it seems like we can only keep them for 2 or 3 years anyway.  mane, salah, firmino and sanchez.  Get a partner for keita and tidy up the defence and that could win the league.

I would take Ozil too.  Sanchez and Ozil being on free transfers is the biggest case of negligence I have seen for a long long time.