You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We haven't just lost guile to break down park the bus sides but we've lost fluency on the counter as well as a goal threat, so I hope we haven't closed our minds to bringing a quality attacker in.

We've already got our foot in the door with Keita so do that unless we haven't completely forfeited the Champions League and want to bring in somebody for that.

If we can pay a bit more for Keita that would really help. OK, cup tied for CL, but that will just keep someone else fresher, like Lallana, if Keita plays in the league.

Reading the last few pages have seen so many names linked it’s getting crazy!

Put me down for VVD, Keita (early), Pulisic and Alisson, and we will call it a heck of a January.

I wouldn't  want to add much more than an extra £10m myself , but I would imagine that his value has shot up far more than that since summer 2017. 

I wonder about the money that Coutinho paid out of his own pocket (well, that Nike gave him to pay out of his own pocket).

Wasn't it reported to be £12m? I just wonder if we said to him "Phil, if you're so desperate to leave without waiting until the summer, we need another £12m on top of what Barca are currently offering because that's what Leipzig want to let Keita go in January."

Might be reading too much into it but I could sort of believe that. Especially if we were thinking of a £130m deal for Phil in the summer but Klopp put his foot down at his antics and gave him the option of paying himself to move up his replacement.

Qualifying for CL is likely to be really tight again this season and it's probably worth at least £30m so can we afford not to bring Keita in early if we can? We could recoup a chunk of the cost by pushing Can out this month.

CL might be worth quite a bit more now with the recent BT TV deal and restructuring of payments. Leicester estimated their run was worth around £70 million to them last season.

Some players on a bosman,unless new deals have been signed very recently 

I doubt we could get Ozil or Sanchez but 

Steffan de Vrij

Jack Wilshere

Bernard

Amin Younes

Neven Subotic

Max Meyer

Achraf Hakimi(can't see Real letting him slip away)

Diego Antonio Reyes

Sergio Canales

Couple of older players 31/32 but on a free

Ezequiel Lavezzi 

Joao Moutinho

Surprised we haven't been linked with Walcott, seems we are every transfer window. Now he's being linked to the bitters, despite being a Liverpool fan years ago. 

I'm not saying we should sign him.

Walcott is reasonably talented. He's wasted his career at Arsenal and should have left years ago. He's not good enough for us but he could have been a regular goal scorer at a mid-table club.

I'd forgotten all about Walcott until I saw him playing for Arsenal's B team against Forest in the cup and thought he might have been a pretty handy option in our front three on the counter attack (in case of injury/rest for salah and mane). Though really I've no idea how much he'd go for these days or even if he does actually have the pace he used to.

Maybe we should sign Shaun wright Phillips as well.

Understand Liverpool are attempting to bring forward the signing of Naby Keïta from RB Leipzig to this month. German club are reluctant to let him leave now and want an extra €20m for Guinea midfielder #lfc

Naby Keita decides to sit out this morning's training at Leipzig. His future further subjected to speculation across Germany

#RBL #LFC pic.twitter.com/9soVfagGuN

Luke Singh @LukeSingh2

@GuillemBalague Any truth to the Dani Ceballos reports?!?

Guillem Balague Retweeted Luke Singh

To Liverpool? Nothing at all. Real Madrid do not want him to go and Liverpool do not want him