Anubis

January 2018 Transfer Thread

French journalist Julien Laurens, : Monaco haven’t received any offers from Liverpool or Arsenal or no-one else for Thomas Lemar.

“But #LFC are prepared to offer more money to get Keita now but at the moment Leipzig won’t budge. I think there’s more words to be had behind the scenes there.” *Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett.*

Newcastle United look into signing Daniel Sturridge - but wage demands a problem, writes @lee_ryder

Sturridge is also wanted by Southampton with the Saints looking to Sturridge to help re-ignite their campaign. Newcastle also enquired about Danny Ings but were told he wants to fight for his place at Liverpool before assessing his situation later in January. (@lee_ryder)

Lee Price: "But just like I said a few weeks ago, that's not the full story. Klopp may not have spoken to Keita directly but the fact remains that talks have been held with his camp over doing a deal early. I have that on good authority

Lee Price:There is a desire from Liverpool to get a deal done and they would be willing to pay extra to do it.

Lee Price: "But I'm hearing the same old things from my sources in Germany. Leipzig are cash-rich and, as it stands, there is no desire whatsoever to let Keita leave the club before the summer."

Just accept that we're not going to sign any more players this month.

Day 9 of a 30 day window. Like a window I am open to the idea Jurgen will try and bring a player or players in.

So we're prepared to pay more money to Leipzig, who won't budge.

We aren't prepared to pay more money to Monaco who do seem prepared to budge.

Meanwhile, Mahrez sits in an airport lounge, lonely and waiting for some love.

• Upvote 1

Mahrezma

Yep, usual "we tried" PR BS

It’s the Liverpool Way

The Keita stuff is weird, what could be the maximum we would pay to get him now, 10m-15m? I can't see us parting with that amount and it would take twice that for RBL to consider it. Like why would they, the have as quality player that will help them get champions league with no risk involved, if he gets injured they won't care, if he acts the bollox stick him in the reserves and it makes no difference, price is guaranteed.

What does Danny Ings think is going to change for him by the end of January ? 

It is not just Ings Jurgen is intent on keeping him and letting Sturridge go. Whether Jurgen is thinking it is only fair to let Sturridge try and get a World Cup place at another club who knows.

Harry and Lloyd’s briefcase full of cash doesn’t do much against oil billions, Bavarian giants, and Spanish TV cash.

How rich would Barcelona and Real Madrid really be if the tv money was divided amongst the teams like its done over here?

How rich would Barcelona and Real Madrid really be if the tv money was divided amongst the teams like its done over here?

The other Spanish teams should break away from them. They might be the biggest draw but they won't draw any viewers if there is no one to play.

No wonder sky were so desperate for this transfer to happen wìth Guillem Ballsack and daily updates from Spain. The viewing figures for their Spanish footy have fallen and outside of Ronaldo V Messi no one really has much passing interest in the other teams. Bale hardly plays any more and Neymar fucked off to PSG.

At least Tony Bellew can go out and buy his Barcelona shirt with Coutinho on the back.

What is with these rumours of Suso?

I get that he's done well at Milan but there is no way he suits a Klopp team. I can sort of see the argument that he's a "poor man's Coutinho," but I would be shocked if we were genuinely in for him. One of the dumber rumours I've seen floating about this January.