You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I like Ings and he more than deserve a shot

Its not like he has had nagging injuries just been very unlucky with two major injuries.

I would much rather see him coming on if we are chasing a game than Solanke,the lad knows where the goals is. Worth giving him the rest of the season to impress and show he is fit. If not gone in the summer. Someone has to give Firmino a rest from time to time

Agreed, him over solanke every time.

The way he chases i thought klopp would use him more.

@mjcritchley

Liverpool youngster Cameron Brannagan is closing in on a permanent move to Oxford United.

Rafa Honigstein: I can only deduce that they looked at #Coutinho's behaviour and said they couldn't sustain this for another 6 months #LFC

Honigstein: On #Keita, I don't see him as a #Coutinho replacement. He's a central midifielder, that's where the similarities end. Keita can play as a 6 or an 8. There is tremendous potential to be unlocked but he plays in a deeper position.

Honigstein: I don't see any direct replacement for #Coutinho, which is why Barcelona paid what they did. There's no such player Bundesliga, perhaps Thiago Alcantara who Bayern will not sell.

Honigstein: #Pulisic is a player #LFC have tried to sign and I'll be very surprised if #LFC don't try heavily for him in the Summer, but he's not a replacement, he'll be like Coutinho from 5 years earlier, not ready for the central role. He's more a winger/Number 10.

Honigstein: #Pulisic only has one or two touches and wouldn't be right, even if Dortmund were prepared to sell him, which they aren't, he wouldn't be able to do what #Coutinho did. #LFC

Honigstein: Dortmund revealed that they benefited from Barca's interest in #Coutinho in the Summer. #Klopp passed on a message to them to say that #LFC wouldn't sell, therefore ask a lot of money for Dembele.

David Preece (former keeper) also on this same podcast: My understanding is that #LFC will be bringing in a new keeper in. They've spoken to Stoke regarding Jack Butland but #Alisson is a name that's been rumoured and I feel is a better option than #Butland.

Preece: I think #Butland's been affected by his injuries, affected by whats infront of him defending his goal. He's not the same goalkeeper, had confidence and arrogance and was comfortable in goal and that would possibly make up #Klopp's mind on a new keeper.

Honigstein: #Karius (on whether he's beyond repair), Like Ter Stegen, made a lot of mistakes, has the all the technical ability to be a good goalkeeper. Preece responds to say that all his mistakes are fundamental and completely different to the keeper he was at Mainz.

Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim in today's press conference: "We do not typically sell players in the winter transfer window. But the month is long and many things could happen."

Liverpool are keen to sign Thomas Lemar after selling Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona - Arsenal are known to have been watching Fekir closely, says @TelegraphDucker

SFR Sport's @Tanziloic on Liverpool replacing Philippe Coutinho: "They want to, but not necessarily this month, their priority is not Thomas Lemar, but Leon Goretzka... they are doing everything to try to convince him, despite the fact he is close to Bayern Munich."

SFR Sport's @Tanziloic on Thomas Lemar & Arsenal: "He is their priority to replace Alexis Sanchez... Monaco are not totally against the idea of an offer this month, but it would have to be a very big offer... I am told that Liverpool wouldn't make a big offer."

• Upvote 2

Lemar isn’t the be all, he’s decent. Pulisic is way more interesting to me.

Everything i have read has been no hope of Pulisic now or the summer. They'd would want more than they got for Dembele by a long way too as they know the commercial value he offers in the US

Everything i have read has been no hope of Pulisic now or the summer. They'd would want more than they got for Dembele by a long way too as they know the commercial value he offers in the US

You’re probably right, mate. I’d be fairly happy to put Coutinho level money into him. I think it would be well worth it in the end.

We’ve got to get a striker in asap, even on loan. Sturridge and Ings are going and we don’t know how Firmino’s heads gonna be with all this shit going on and Solanke’s never gonna be the answer for a club with any ambition.

Other than that, I’d settle for us landing Alisson, Goretzka and Timo Werner on pre contracts for this summer.