You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Strootman Talks?

Premium Sports- an Italian outlet- are reporting that Liverpool have opened talks to sign Roma’s Kevin Strootman.

Reds fans are anxiously awaiting the club’s next move to replace Phillipe Coutinho- and possibly Emre Can should he decide to depart the club- and whispers from Italy suggest Strootman is on Jurgen Klopp’s wanted list.

GettyImages-617513218.jpg

Strootman was once a team-mate of Mohamed Salah.

Louis Van Gaal was interested in the Dutchman during his first summer in charge of Manchester United in 2014, but now it seems like the Reds of Liverpool could finally prise the midfielder to England.

No concrete offer has been made, however, and the article suggests it may take losing Can to force Klopp’s hand.

Player very keen on #LFC. Monaco no plans to sell in Jan. However, we may see a deal agreed for the summer this month - Ben Smith

Liverpool to test Monaco's resolve over Thomas Lemar transfer with January bid | @johncrossmirror

Monaco are making it clear that they do not want to sell Lemar in January but Liverpool are ready to test their resolve given any encouragement. Lemar is keen on making a switch to Liverpool despite interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal. (@johncrossmirror)

Liverpool will not be held to ransom in January and will not panic if they cannot get a deal done as Klopp believes he already has the talent in his squad for the rest of the campaign. (@johncrossmirror)

Liverpool will continue to monitor developments on Lemar and if they cannot get him now then they are confident of getting him in the summer. (@johncrossmirror)

Liverpool are using the next few days to consider how strongly to pursue their options in the transfer market as they look to replace Philippe Coutinho. (@LivEchoLFC)

Thomas Lemar is believed to be at the top of Liverpool’s list of potential Coutinho replacements. However, Monaco have no intention of selling him midway through the current campaign, so the 22-year-old could become a recruit they chase in the summer. (@LivEchoLFC)

Liverpool are not on the verge of signing Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez. The ECHO understands no approach has been made. (@LivEchoLFC)

No offer has been made for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar and, while Klopp will have received assurances Liverpool will react in the event of a target becoming a feasible option, it seems Lallana, alongside Salah, Firmino, Mané & Oxlade-Chamberlain will take the strain. (Paul Joyce)

Well respected German media outlet, Kicker - suggest Goretzka still hasn't made his mind up yet...

Liverpool will attempt to bring Naby Keita’s move to Anfield forward in an attempt to fill the void left by Philippe Coutinho’s £142 million move to Barcelona, writes @_ChrisBascombe

RB Leipzig are determined to retain Keita as they seek to qualify for next year’s Champions League, but Liverpool would be willing to pay more again to get him this month. (Chris Bascombe)

Keita would rather join Liverpool this month with Leipzig eliminated from the Champions League. If he cannot be secured, Klopp may wait until the summer. However he is keeping all options open. (Chris Bascombe)

Klopp has £142m folllowing the sale of Philippe Coutinho - all of which is available to spend on new recruits. Klopp is ready to move for long-term targets if there is a realistic chance he can get them now. (Chris Bascombe)

Jürgen Klopp will only sign a replacement if the right player becomes available this month and wants to bring forward Keïta’s £57 million move from RB Leipzig which is presently scheduled to come into effect on July 1. (Paul Joyce)

The controversy surrounding the leaked Nike advert, which appeared on websites last Saturday offering Barcelona shirts bearing Coutinho’s name, is understood to have resulted in a change of the terms of the British record deal. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool would love Naby Keita to come now and are willing to pay Leipzig a premium on top of the £55million fee. Keita, 22, is understood to be keen to move now, but Leipzig will take much persuading, writes @MirrorAnderson

Leipzig are not keen to let Keita go now at such a critical stage of their Bundesliga campaign. Liverpool understand their reservations and ultimately they will be prepared to wait until July 1 when the African midfielder is officially due to join. (@MirrorAnderson)

The Reds are reviewing all of their long-term targets following Coutinho’s departure and will move this month if any become available. However they are adamant they will not be held to ransom with their transfer budget set to be transformed by Coutinho’s fee. (@MirrorAnderson)

@Chris78Williams: Leipzig are not open to letting Naby Keita leave during this window. Europa League challenges and a quest for Champions League qualification through the #Bundesliga far outweigh the departure of any key player in January.

RB Leipzig’s CEO Oliver Mintzlaff : Neither Naby nor his advisor have expressed a desire to leave the club in the winter. There are contracts. And they say his employment starts in Liverpool on July 1st.”

Paul Joyce: #Klopp will have faith in his squad, he has a lot of players but I'm not sure if he'll want to spend now. He may go with what he's got now.

Did everyone else get cards to play transfer cliché bingo?

• Upvote 1

Latest rumours we are looking to sell Sturridge but Ings going nowhere

LFC are ready to listen to offers for Daniel Sturridge during the January transfer window, but are reluctant to loan out Danny Ings, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.

Liverpool have cut short Ryan Kent's loan spell with Freiburg and will now look to loan him out to a Championship side, writes @neiljonesecho

Ryan Kent has received clearance to play in Liverpool’s forthcoming matches following the early termination of his loan agreement with Freiburg. (@LFC)

“Our colleagues in Sky Italy say there is an agreement in place but our sources have also told us Liverpool are still trying to convince Emre Can to stay. So until that pre-contact agreement is signed, he’s still available for Liverpool to try and convince.” (@skysports_sheth)

”There is talk that I’ve seen that he would get paid less at Juventus than he would at Liverpool, which begs the question ‘why would he leave Liverpool if the deal is better at Liverpool?”

”There is talk that I’ve seen that he would get paid less at Juventus than he would at Liverpool, which begs the question ‘why would he leave Liverpool if the deal is better at Liverpool?”

Couple this with Coutinho literally paying £15m to leave now, and you have to conclude there is something rotten at our club.

I like Ings and he more than deserve a shot

Its not like he has had nagging injuries just been very unlucky with two major injuries.

I would much rather see him coming on if we are chasing a game than Solanke,the lad knows where the goals is. Worth giving him the rest of the season to impress and show he is fit. If not gone in the summer. Someone has to give Firmino a rest from time to time

Once you get in Klopps good books it's hard to get out.

I like Ings and he more than deserve a shot

Its not like he has had nagging injuries just been very unlucky with two major injuries. 

I would much rather see him coming on if we are chasing a game than Solanke,the lad knows where the goals is. Worth giving him the rest of the season to impress and show he is fit. If not gone in the summer. Someone has to give Firmino a rest from time to time

I know long-term Solanke might end up the better option , but with Sturridge constant injuries & Ings seemingly not considered to play at all ,I think it has been a poor decision to loan out Origi this year. While he has his faults, there is no way that he would be goalless at this juncture of the season.

Time for FSG to stop fucking around and start putting their own money in and invest in the squad. No more sales to fund transfers. I want Henry to use HIS OWN fucking money, not money he gets from our club, and start spending it. He's a billionaire, is he not?

If he doesn't want to do that then sell us to a rich cunt who will. We deserve better than these tightfisted tarts who are only using us to make them richer while our best players leave for wealthier clubs.

Yeah and what is Keita doing now? He is wanting to move now and his form has plummeted. People underestimate the stink a player wanting out and keeping him makes. It is not co incidence Southampton have been shit in the first half of the season.

Really good point , I think most of the negativity me including is that we have sold one of our best players at a crucial time of the season ,and if we don't buy anyone which like it looks as though we won't we have made ourselves weaker and has that money always been earmarked for van dyke and keita. And the way it's been handled ie that photo shoot that has come out today with the mail and we have supposed to ask to loan him back ,makes Liverpool look so small time ,Well that s how I think about it only time will tell, but I don't think chamberlain and lallana are going to get us out of jail where cutinho could in an instant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really good point , I think most of the negativity me including is that we have sold one of our best players at a crucial time of the season ,and if we don't buy anyone which like it looks as though we won't we have made ourselves weaker and has that money always been earmarked for van dyke and keita. And the way it's been handled ie that photo shoot that has come out today with the mail and we have supposed to ask to loan him back ,makes Liverpool look so small time ,Well that s how I think about it only time will tell, but I don't think chamberlain and lallana are going to get us out of jail where cutinho could in an instant

Agree we have sold some of our best players. But they all wanted to leave and all but one went to one of the top 2 clubs in Spain. And the major problem has not been that we have not spent the money but we spent it badly. Jurgen does not want 2nd choice players which I think is good and if he decides not to spend and wait I am ok with that. I understand people may think different. That is ok to.

• Upvote 1

Time for FSG to stop fucking around and start putting their own money in and invest in the squad. No more sales to fund transfers. I want Henry to use HIS OWN fucking money, not money he gets from our club, and start spending it. He's a billionaire, is he not?

If he doesn't want to do that then sell us to a rich cunt who will. We deserve better than these tightfisted tarts who are only using us to make them richer while our best players leave for wealthier clubs.

If me and 20 of my mates all bought a villa in Spain together why would I put all my own money in to the upkeep and enhancement of the villa for all the others to profit from whilst the money the villa generates is sufficient enough to keep it turning us a tidy profit. Sure we could all club together and chip in an equal amount but a lot of us aren't even asrsed about the state of the place and are happy with the money we get off it.

Agree we have sold some of our best players. But they all wanted to leave and all but one went to one of the top 2 clubs in Spain. And the major problem has not been that we have not spent the money but we spent it badly. Jurgen does not want 2nd choice players which I think is good and if he decides not to spend and wait I am ok with that. I understand people may think different. That is ok to.

It's a good job mane wasn't 2nd choice.

Looking at Lallana against Everton, there's no way he will be getting us out of jail as it were anytime soon. He looked way off the pace to me. Chamberlain has his qualities but I don't see him as the answer either. Now we have sold our most creative midfielder I fear we will drop a load of stupid points which make the difference between a CL finish or Europa League.

Time will tell whether we have fucked up (again) or not.

Meanwhile, over on Spurscommunity...

Who: Hercules

When: 8th January 2018

Where: SpursCommunity

-------------------------------------------

Gomes and Suarez doing media rounds now. We were interested in a loan in the summer, with a view to transfer if successful. Barca wanted us to become obligated at circa 40m at the end of loan, and we were not keen on that. We inquired about Suarez very early on, but ‘no can do’ at the time.

I don’t believe there will be any movement this window, unless one of our targets becomes available for now.

Way things are, not going to be giving out names, more than I have already. But expect a big surprise signing in the summer of all goes to plan from abroad. No hints, so don’t ask for any please ;)

Bale & Modric can be buried now, as wont happen! RM were doing their usual to get us to bait with HK. They are blatantly subtle (not) in the spin doctors they use to get information out.

Couple this with Coutinho literally paying £15m to leave now, and you have to conclude there is something rotten at our club.

I'd disagree on the players standpoint, really.

Can, and his one paced performances, are likely going to earn him more awards/plaudits/monies in the long run, by going to Italy and played for the one dominant side.  If he breaks into the squad, then he's golden.  He knows he's not going to be a starter here, and I think he knows he isn't likely to do so, with his attributes.

Liverpool are likely offering him more money, so they can control the asset, and sell later.  I don't blame either side here.  I'd much rather we control the asset, than Can leaving on a free, but whatever.

If me and 20 of my mates all bought a villa in Spain together why would I put all my own money in to the upkeep and enhancement of the villa for all the others to profit from whilst the money the villa generates is sufficient enough to keep it turning us a tidy profit. Sure we could all club together and chip in an equal amount but a lot of us aren't even asrsed about the state of the place and are happy with the money we get off it.

What patently stupid analogy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk