You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Balague said: “There is a story that Liverpool, in the last few minutes in August, said '€200m and you can take him'.

“Barcelona have been repeating this and the Barcelona press have been repeating this and he would have gone for €200m - it's a lie.

“Liverpool wanted to show their strength so when Firmino and Mane say they want to go as well, they can say no”

Guillem Balague

“The people in the middle that told Barcelona for €200m we almost got him, we must keep insisting, he wants to go... it was a way of keeping the whole thing alive.

“Liverpool said it's a no because they wanted to show their strength so when Firmino and Mane say they want to go as well, they can say no.

“Also the replacements of Xabi Alonso, Luis Suarez and Javier Mascherano were hard and they needed to be a little bit prepared.

“They got six more months of Coutinho and he's been very professional for these months.”

Coutinho is expected to sign a five-and-half year deal at the Nou Camp with a mammoth £355m buyout clause.

Pearce was denying our interest in Mahrez earlier, so if it's bullshit we should be getting one of his signature 'lfc are baffled' articles soon enough.

Like clockwork

Whether it's a good deal for #LFC all depends where they go and spend that money. Club adamant that Mahrez isn't lined up as Coutinho's replacement. (James Pearce)

Guest Pistonbroke

Isn't he supposed to be a lazy cunt in training and a bit of a moaner to?

I think he's a good player by the way. But klopp doesn't seem the type of person that suffers fools gladly

Not heard anything about him being lazy in training, but then again I don't really look at other players apart from what they produce on the pitch. He's been half arsed at times since he put in his transfer request, but then so was VVD. Looks like it is nothing more than a rumour atm, so it probably doesn't matter anyway. 

I rate the prospect of us signing Riyad Mahrez a mere 3 out of 10. 

I can't see this happening but then again after last night anything is possible?

If and it's a big if, we've brought in Lemar, Keita and VVD by the end of the window for Coutinho I'd be happy with that.

You reckon, I think he ticks most boxes for what Klopp looks for in a player. 

A class midfielder with a pivotal role in a League Title under his belt.

Lazy?  Klopp's a pretty easy going guy at times too, I'm sure work ethic nuances can be sorted.

At this stage, I'd almost be prepared to spunk some Philippe money on a hunch.

Isn't there a Champions League to try to win in the next 5 months?

Not heard anything about him being lazy in training, but then again I don't really look at other players apart from what they produce on the pitch. He's been half arsed at times since he put in his transfer request, but then so was VVD. Looks like it is nothing more than a rumour atm, so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Was part of a team that downed tools for nearly a season and got their PL winning manager the sack

Fuck him.