You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

It is the continental thing to do - players buy themselves out of contracts all the time. It is how Neymar moved.

Yeah was a weird one that.

PSG payed neymar the £200m or whatever it was, and neymar uses the money to buy his own contract out.

What was the reason behind it? Seems like some kind of dodgy legal loophole.

PSG didn't pay Neymar 200ml to buy out his deal. The Qatari government paud him 200ml to be a ambassador for the world cup. The fact he then used that money to buy out his contract and join a club owned by the same government is a massive coincidence

• Upvote 1

PSG didn't pay Neymar 200ml to buy out his deal. The Qatari government paud him 200ml to be a ambassador for the world cup. The fact he then used that money to buy out his contract and join a club owned by the same government is a massive coincidence

Oh right, fair enough that makes sense then, I feel bad now for assuming there was corruption.

That should not be allowed in my view.

If players agree to a long term commitment/contract, they should not be allowed to pay themselves out of it.

I honestly believe it's unethical and speaks volumes about the players' character. It might be an old fashion view but loyalty has to be weighted-in somehow.

I assume you're equally appalled when clubs try to firebomb players out. Poor Mario.

Guest Pistonbroke

Who comes into the starting 11 then?

We have played games recently without Coutinho, there is your answer. Not perfect, but until we hopefully bring in a new player we are hardly short on numbers. We even went without one or two of Coutinho/Salah/Bobby and Mane of late. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I wouldn't be against such a deal as long as we go for our original targets in the summer. Mahrez can also be played on the right after the summer. Be nice if we could also bring in a keeper this month.