You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Not you, mate. Those on the FF that were taking chunks out of him. I feel like they might want to make him a stick to beat Klopp or FSG with rather than actually thinking he is shit, but I was wondering what the objections were. Seems really good to me.

A clean sheet would help.  He needs a shut out to add to his field goal. 

paul joyce @_pauljoyce

Klopp: Phil Coutinho is not to replace in this transfer window. It is not about replacing anyone, it is about using our own tools, tactics, formations and stuff

paul joyce @_pauljoyce

Klopp: "In the long term we will do a lot (of transfers). In the short term I don't think we will do a lot"

Whamtastic by the manager again.

“And stuff...”. Even he can’t be arsed with the level of BS he’s coming out with. He may as well have just ended the sentence with ‘and blah blah blah blah’

• Upvote 2

Not you, mate. Those on the FF that were taking chunks out of him. I feel like they might want to make him a stick to beat Klopp or FSG with rather than actually thinking he is shit, but I was wondering what the objections were. Seems really good to me.

Well they have to be utter blind mongoloids. Not at fault for a single goal so far and he's been pretty much flawless.

Thanks for the link an tha.

“In the next few days probably a lot will happen in the transfer market and we will see what happens here. It won’t help anyone to talk about it.”

“We have to use the tools at our disposal.”

Klopp covering all bases there.

Fingers crossed for Lemar and Alisson, or equivalents.

“In the next few days probably a lot will happen in the transfer market and we will see what happens here. It won’t help anyone to talk about it.”

Love the optimism mate but I’ll paimt my arse blue if we sign either of these 2 in January

• Upvote 2

Don't get your hopes up, Rev. Saw the press conference and the above quote was in reference to what may happen on the Sturridge front. His quotes regarding potential reinforcements were ""In the long-term we will do a lot, in the short-term I don’t think it will happen."

The only bit of excitement we will get over the next two days will be finding out where Lazar freaking Markovic and Adam bloody Bogdan will end up.

Part of me thinks that this is Klopp looking for a way out.

It's suicidal stuff from a top manager, with money in the bank, to see what we've got on the line and then ignore the Rizla-thin depth of the attacking players while still in the CL, and desperate to finish top in a 3 team mini league for 4th place with Arsenal and Spurs.

He's literally watching Arsenal buy Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang right now and still maintaining that we are fine to rotate 3 positions between 3 players from now until mid May.

Spurs are perfectly placed to do this, they have us on Sunday and then Arsenal a week later. They can put both their rivals in the ground in the space of a week. Don't you worry about that Newport thing, they'll be up for this one. 4 of their last 6 games of the season are against relegation maniacs in Stoke, Brighton, Watford and West Brom.