You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We lost for the first time in 18 and because of that some think we will now finish 5th?

A 6th place finish is a distinct possibility, and not because we lost for the first time in 18 but rather because we're only 5 pts above 6th now and we just sold our best player without replacing him.

Yeah share the sentiment, I am genuinely concerned about the rest of the season. What the actual fuck were we thinking letting Coutinho go and not having a replacement lined up, it’s like a bad fucking joke. I love Klopp but he needs to be more pragmatic in these situations. Not spending on a player now could prove to be a false economy as it could be the difference between qualifying for CL and not and the financial implications that has.

We wait to see at the end of the window more than a 1980's bag head in Croxteth waiting for the postie with his giro. He will waste his money because of his habit, we will save ours for better gear and go cold turkey. Suffering in the meantime, it's the bigger picture don't you know. In our veins.

Fed up with food ones.

• Upvote 1

Figures released today.

Deloitte Football Money League

2016-17 revenue in £m (v 2015-16 revenue)
1) Manchester United 581.2 (515.3)
2) Real Madrid 579.7 (463.8)
3) Barcelona 557.1 (463.8)
4) Bayern Munich 505.1 (442.7)
5) Manchester City 453.5 (392.6)
6) Arsenal 419 (350.4)
7) PSG 417.8 (389.6)
8) Chelsea 367.8 (334.6)
9) Liverpool 364.5 (302)
10) Juventus 348.6 (253.5)
11) Tottenham 305.6 (209.2)
12) Borussia Dortmund 285.8 (212.3)
13) Atlético Madrid 234.2 (171)~
14) Leicester City 233 (128.7)
15) Internazionale 225.2 (134)
16) Schalke 197.8 (167.9)
17) West Ham 183.3 (143.8)
18) Southampton 182.3 (124.3)
19) Napoli 172.5 (107.8)
20) Everton 171.2 (121.5)

Those Manc idiots - winning trophies, signing players, being ahead of us in the league - they will look really stupid when they win the league in the next year or two too.

Bet they do not have fans moan about dunkin doughnuts and other sponsorship deals though.

Quite.

They had fans complain about the ownership for a long time, the green and gold scarves.  Their owners were taking the piss and Taggart quashed it.  The owners got away with murder as they had Taggart winning them things.  The Glazers were in real trouble at one stage, their retail businesses were mortgaged to the hilt.

They started spending big and spending on wages as they knew they had to.

We are not doing either, it will be interesting to see if Klopp can deliver before the fans turn.  How long do we wait for a trophy - 10 years, 15 years?

What is the long term plan - relying on genius doesn't help the next manager or the club in the future.

The only hope we have is someone buying us as a trophy purchase and as we are so inept, we failed to do that twice despite being one of the most famous and loved things in the world.

Quite.

They had fans complain about the ownership for a long time, the green and gold scarves.  Their owners were taking the piss and Taggart quashed it.  The owners got away with murder as they had Taggart winning them things.  The Glazers were in real trouble at one stage, their retail businesses were mortgaged to the hilt.

They started spending big and spending on wages as they knew they had to.

We are not doing either, it will be interesting to see if Klopp can deliver before the fans turn.  How long do we wait for a trophy - 10 years, 15 years?

What is the long term plan - relying on genius doesn't help the next manager or the club in the future.

The only hope we have is someone buying us as a trophy purchase and as we are so inept, we failed to do that twice despite being one of the most famous and loved things in the world.

Their owners actively suck millions of pounds out of their club and continue to do so after the green and gold campaign. Plus their club is mortgaged to the hilt and lumbered with big interest repayments. I have yet to see any evidence that our owners take a penny out of the club but I seem to see lots of comments about yachts and money being taken out of the club. You seem to suggest the glazers taking millions out of the club and its debt is ok because they are winning things. 5 years since they last won the title and last I checked their fans were celebrating the League Cup and Europa League like crazy less than 12 months after deriding us appearing in the same finals. Funny old game as Greavesie used to say.

We wait to see at the end of the window more than a 1980's bag head in Croxteth waiting for the postie with his giro. He will waste his money because of his habit, we will save ours for better gear and go cold turkey. Suffering in the meantime, it's the bigger picture don't you know. In our veins.

Fed up with food ones.

The issue is,

If he doesnt have the lamb or the burger then he wont have any dinner?

Sorry, Ive lost myself now

Their owners actively suck millions of pounds out of their club and continue to do so after the green and gold campaign. Plus their club is mortgaged to the hilt and lumbered with big interest repayments. I have yet to see any evidence that our owners take a penny out of the club but I seem to see lots of comments about yachts and money being taken out of the club. You seem to suggest the glazers taking millions out of the club and its debt is ok because they are winning things. 5 years since they last won the title and last I checked their fans were celebrating the League Cup and Europa League like crazy less than 12 months after deriding us appearing in the same finals. Funny old game as Greavesie used to say.

I don't think it is okay, they got found out and had to cough up.

My gripe is that we are close to being immense but i dont think the owners are spending enough.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is okay, they got found out and had to cough up.

My gripe is that we are close to being immense but i dont think the owners are spending enough.

Fair enough mate. I just get the feeling Jurgen does not want to go on a spending spree. I really think he would kick off big style if he was being prevented from spending.

NGOG REUNITES WITH COYLE

Ross County have signed former Liverpool and Paris St-Germain forward David Ngog until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old played under Ross County boss Owen Coyle at Bolton and had been on trial with the club over the winter break.

He was a free agent after recently leaving Greek Superleague side Panionios

We bought a £75m player this transfer window.

I can just see how FSG might turn around and go 'WTF are you complaining about'.

We don't know the ins and outs of that decision, did Klopp get him in at the expense of another signing like Lemar?

Did we expect to spend the entire £130m this window?

All I know is that we were two attacking players short when the season kicked off, and we're still two short now, and that's in addition to selling Coutinho.

Klopp can bang on about having faith in Lallana and Ings and Solanke, but he's got a massive problem if Salah's goals dry up.

I'm getting bad vibes from Mane, I don't think he's capable of playing this badly without there being an underlying cause.

NGOG REUNITES WITH COYLE

Ross County have signed former Liverpool and Paris St-Germain forward David Ngog until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old played under Ross County boss Owen Coyle at Bolton and had been on trial with the club over the winter break.

He was a free agent after recently leaving Greek Superleague side Panionios

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/signing-news-david-ngog/

Looks like Juve have finally got round to scouting Emre Can:

Juventus have admitted to doubts about signing Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, who is out of contract in the summer. The Serie A club's general manager Beppe Marotta says Can could stay at Anfield

• Upvote 2