You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Not buying a top class centre half would be gross negligence. We need to get top 4 again and start building a base from where we can be successful.

If it's VVD or no one then get him in. Plus I like the idea of non shithouses in the team. That would be mane, salah and possibly ox with keita also to come. The mentality of the team is changing.

It has been like that for a long time. Some will complain no matter what. They have an agenda and are intent on pushing it. That’s not to say the owners are blameless or perfect, but some are trying to paint them as something they’re not.

I agree.

They've made mistakes, they aren't perfect.

But some people won't see any good in them, which I don't think is right.

So Teixeira has been placed on the Transfer List and would love to join LFC.

Of course he would, he made an awful career choice and went to China for £££.

Klopp has spoken in the public before what he thinks about players who follow the money.  I think he's dead to Klopp now, as is Draxler (not that he'd want to leave PSG).

I'd swerve any player who goes to China or Russia for 'career moves'.  They usually decline, lose their hunger and only gain £££ by going to those leagues.

I'd say no chance of this happening.

I think it’s unfair to say he followed the money. He didn’t choose them above us. We offered 25m and it got rejected. They offered many, many millions more than us and it was accepted. Like Mo’, really.

Anyone who has footballing ambitions in the prime of their career who has serious talent like Oscar, Teixeira, Hulk etc going to Russia or China - is chasing the money IMO.

Teixeira wanted out of Ukraine at the time because they were on the verge of civil war, all foreigners did. Wasn’t there something else going on with them all aswell at the time. We didn’t pay enough to get him and they did, that’s all. He said after about 5 minutes of being there he hasn’t ruled out a move here.

The only reason we should buy or indeed need to buy a CB in the Jan window is because we fucked up in the summer, I can’t believe the same people in charge of recruitment then will be making the same fuck ups in Jan

To be honest it seem like it was Klopps decision to not move for anyone but VVD. The fuck up this summer was getting caught tapping him up. Had we signed VVD i think it would have been one of our best transfer windows in a long, long time.

• Upvote 1

So he should have blocked the transfer, and stayed in Turkey on pittance? Wildly disagree.

You don’t go to China for footballing reasons. You go for £££.

Turkey is a better league and if he was offered the same money in that league as he was in China, he'd stay. So players really go to China for money and a declining career.