You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

By all accounts City are playing some great football, but unless we're playing them, I just can't be arsed watching any of their games or even highlights. They're just another nail in the coffin of everything that was once good about the sport.

Pah, you'll never become a pundit for BBC sport.  You need to declare them as "Invincibles Elect" and audibly gasp every time they score a "real Guardiola goal".  

• Upvote 1

They are not remotely close to comparison with the mid 2000s Chelsea/ late 2000s Utd sides. V debatable whether they are player-for-player better than our 2009 team. Long long way for them to go, for a club that has done 0 in Europe.

Pah, you'll never become a pundit for BBC sport.  You need to declare them as "Invincibles Elect" and audibly gasp every time they score a "real Guardiola goal".  

SURELY EVEN THE MOST PARTISAN SUPPORTERS OF OTHER CLUBS CAN APPRECIATE THAT WE'RE PRIVILEGED TO BE WITNESSING SOMETHING VERY, VERY SPECIAL AT THE MOMENT.

• Upvote 1

I hate them. A money cheat club, which is unfair I suppose, they got lucky but I don't respect their success . Reminds me of when I played champ manager as a kid if I got beat id just reload the game I ended up winning everything every single year, I even got Woking to win the European cup on premier manager and thought I was boss despite the fact I cheated like fuck. I was still smug in my little room on my Amiga. That's what city are too me. When they win I don't think what an achievement I just think so what.

I dont mind them as they stop the other twats from winning the league. We've hardly been arsed the last 25 years.

I can imagine most of their fans will be unbearable soon. Even though they used to buzz off the fact that they were shit and weren't a corporate money making machine like the red mancs. They also believed that they were the moral guardians of the game and only locals support them like Evertonians think they are.

I dont mind them as they stop the other twats from winning the league. We've hardly been arsed the last 25 years.

I can imagine most of their fans will be unbearable soon. Even though they used to buzz off the fact that they were shit and weren't a corporate money making machine like the red mancs. They also believed that they were the moral guardians of the game and only locals support them like Evertonians think they are.

It’s not the other manc cunts or chelsea winning the league.

I can put up with that.

DRAXLER TO LIVERPOOL ON LOAN?

Talking about PSG’s ridiculous firepower brings us to Julian Draxler. He largely played on the wing for the French side last season but the arrival of Neymar and Mbappe means he has spent recent weeks in midfield. And according to L’Equipe, Liverpool have ‘made contact’ with Paris Saint-Germain about a loan move for the German, who was a target for Jurgen Klopp before he joined PSG last January.

Arsenal have forever been linked with Draxler, but he may be lured by the chance to work with Klopp. Though the lure of playing semi-regularly for a team likely to win the French title and get to the latter stages of the Champions League is pretty strong too.