You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Real Madrid is too soon for Werner. He should come here and score loads for us.

I've got it in my head that we'll sign this lad, possibly with Origi going there at the end of the season. Keita is coming, and since Can is probably leaving we'll replace him with a top free signing in Goretzka. VVD to come in January.

Not sure where that leaves us this season, but we win the league next season. It's a nice daydream.

I share your optimism! We are not far off where we need to be

Real Madrid is too soon for Werner. He should come here and score loads for us.

I've got it in my head that we'll sign this lad, possibly with Origi going there at the end of the season. Keita is coming, and since Can is probably leaving we'll replace him with a top free signing in Goretzka. VVD to come in January.

Not sure where that leaves us this season, but we win the league next season. It's a nice daydream.

Thing is, players never seem to think it's too soon. See mbappe to psg, dembele to barcelona. Look at 16 year odegaard, had a pick of clubs including us but went to Real. He's on loan to Heerenveen in Holland.

They just see money and a name, probably in that order.

I dont think it was a case of he was the only one who'd improve us. I think it was a case of this is the number one choice of player and I want this player not, a second or third choice as the club had been inclined to do in the past.

Klopp wasnt to know the transfer was going to go south in the way it did.Maybe German clubs are a bit more relaxed about talking to players under contract at other German clubs? He obviously was unaware of the antagonism southampton felt towards LFC and maybe someone should have pointed this out, who knows?

The mentality of the defender would have to be a big part of whoever they sign. We need someone who can organise the defence and is constantly talking to the imbecile's surrounding him.

What if Klopp's instructions are to never be within 20 yards of your fellow centre half, like it seems to have been the case this season