You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naby Keita has explained the role that “big brother” – and future Liverpool team-mate – Sadio Mane has had on his career so far.

Keita is set to move to The Reds for a fee in the region of £48million next summer after the Anfield club agreed a future deal with his current side RB Leipzig.

The move will mark the latest chapter in a remarkable rise for the all-action midfielder, who was playing in Ligue 2 for FC Istres just three years ago.

He joined Red Bull Salzburg in 2014, where he first came across “big brother” Mane, who was coming to the end of his time in the Austrian Premier League before eventually heading to Merseyside.

“At first, I wasn’t starting and it was very frustrating,” Keita told Goal. “I didn’t like it and it made the settling-in period harder. But Sadio said: ‘My little brother, stay calm. Your chance will come and when it does, you will make the most of it.’

“He helped me with everything – the language, making friends, understanding the club and the city. And, of course, he was right. Once I was put into the team, I showed my qualities and everything went much smoother.

“Salzburg improved me as a player and I learnt so much there, I got a really tactical education.

“Sadio was important for me, he still is! To me, he’s my big brother. He really likes to learn new things, to improve and to push himself and we are the same in this way. He’s a good example for me.”

Naby Keita has explained the role that “big brother” – and future Liverpool team-mate – Sadio Mane has had on his career so far.

Keita is set to move to The Reds for a fee in the region of £48million next summer after the Anfield club agreed a future deal with his current side RB Leipzig.

The move will mark the latest chapter in a remarkable rise for the all-action midfielder, who was playing in Ligue 2 for FC Istres just three years ago.

He joined Red Bull Salzburg in 2014, where he first came across “big brother” Mane, who was coming to the end of his time in the Austrian Premier League before eventually heading to Merseyside.

“At first, I wasn’t starting and it was very frustrating,” Keita told Goal. “I didn’t like it and it made the settling-in period harder. But Sadio said: ‘My little brother, stay calm. Your chance will come and when it does, you will make the most of it.’

“He helped me with everything – the language, making friends, understanding the club and the city. And, of course, he was right. Once I was put into the team, I showed my qualities and everything went much smoother.

“Salzburg improved me as a player and I learnt so much there, I got a really tactical education.

“Sadio was important for me, he still is! To me, he’s my big brother. He really likes to learn new things, to improve and to push himself and we are the same in this way. He’s a good example for me.”

Keita can join Mane at Barcelona the season after he leaves and they can play happily ever after.

• 2 weeks later...

Good article on Keita. Can't copy the whole thing as on phone, but here is the link

http://www.goal.com/story/naby-keita-goal-50-exclusive/index.html

She is a fucking horrible writer. Great to get tidbits of insight from the player himself, but the grammar, vocabulary and general cadence of that article is excruciatingly shit.

I fucking hate melissa reddy.

She is a fucking horrible writer. Great to get tidbits of insight from the player himself, but the grammar, vocabulary and general cadence of that article is excruciatingly shit.

“My parents were still very worried about me. I had to call them six times a day and tell them everything that was happening!” Keita chuckles.

Like who the fuck writes like this? Like a fucking biff and chip toddler story. How did this talentless fuck get the inside scoop at Liverpool? It irks me.

“My parents were still very worried about me. I had to call them six times a day and tell them everything that was happening!” Keita chuckles.

Like who the fuck writes like this? Like a fucking biff and chip toddler story. How did this talentless fuck get the inside scoop at Liverpool? It irks me.

Bet her looks have something to do with it?

I guarantee she has ulcers from all the promotion chasing over the years

Strong whiff of misogyny when people talk about Melissa Reddy. She’s far from being the worst football writer out there, especially where LFC is concerned.

But she’s an attractive woman so has obviously sucked many dicks to get where she is, amiright? Lads?

• Upvote 5

Strong whiff of misogyny when people talk about Melissa Reddy. She’s far from being the worst football writer out there, especially where LFC is concerned.

But she’s an attractive woman so has obviously sucked many dicks to get where she is, amiright? Lads?

The fact she’s attractive, the fact she’s even female, has fuck all to do with how excruciating her voice is.

She's objectively not very good at writing or speaking about football and unnecessarily uses flowery vocabulary to make it seem like she knows what she's doing.

And it's been proven that being attractive is a massive factor in being able to move up in your career. Whether it's intended or not, companies are very much influenced by looks when making decisions. 

Given the level of her work, I don't see anything wrong with what's being said. 

• Upvote 1

?

Haven’t read my much of her stuff but I agree with you on the tone of commentary about her on here. It’s almost like every male journalist writes about football with a clarity that would make put George Orwell to shame.

Haven’t read my much of her stuff but I agree with you on the tone of commentary about her on here. It’s almost like every male journalist writes about football with a clarity that would make put George Orwell to shame.

I haven't seen a single poster on here compliment a male journalist on the quality of their writing.