You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I couldnt give a shite how he went about it to be honest.  There is no loyalty left in football it left the building years ago.

If we get him now and he is looking at it as a 3-4 year stepping stone, i couldnt care less. In that time we might win the league or champions league and maybe he then wouldnt want to leave.

Getting better players = more chance of success

more chance of success = top players less likely to move

top players less likely to move = more chance of continued success and top players wanting to join.

If Klopp thinks buying Keita is a huge signal of intent for the club and he thinks there is even the slightest chance of getting the deal done you dont give up. 

What you do though in the meantime is start negotiations with Plan B just in case.

This.

All about the cash with this I reckon.

Keita puts in a transfer request and he loses his loyalty bonus, which would probably be dwarfed by any signing on fee we will give him, but if Leipzig decide they still don't want to sell then he won't see it, plus he'll lose the respect of the fans.

He keeps quiet then it's out of his hands, Leipzig decide to keep him he'll be on a payrise, they decide to sell then it's not his fault it's the club that wants him gone.

That's why these transfer requests are quite a rare occurrence, despite 90% of players seemingly announcing who they want to move to through the media.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

All about the cash with this I reckon.

Keita puts in a transfer request and he loses his loyalty bonus, which would probably be dwarfed by any signing on fee we will give him, but if Leipzig decide they still don't want to sell then he won't see it, plus he'll lose the respect of the fans.

He keeps quiet then it's out of his hands, Leipzig decide to keep him he'll be on a payrise, they decide to sell then it's not his fault it's the club that wants him gone.

That's why these transfer requests are quite a rare occurrence, despite 90% of players seemingly announcing who they want to move to through the media.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

He wont get a payrise without signing a new contract. A new contract will have a new, higher exit fee than the supposed next year £48m (orwhatever it is).

The player is supposedly halfway towards leaving saying he's up for a move to LFC. He's burned his bridges with most of the fans if that's correct.

He may as well say fuck it, here's my written request, Im fucking off. Players cant go around and keep credibility with fans saying Im up for going to Liverpool then baulking at a written transfer request.

I don't know what Klopp sees in the boy for whom Leipzig reject our 66m offer. Chelsea are getting Morata for less than 60m. Two different types of player I undersatnd but still Morata is one of a few proven top midfielders in European football. Crazy.

... Except Morata is a striker. 

• Upvote 2

HALF FULL!!?? When I was little you didn't even get a glass - you cupped your hands together and got what you had. My cousin only had one hand so he hardly ever drank at all.

Howie's family were so poor, he and the other kids shared a bowl of water with the dog.