You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was reading a thing from Tomkins the other day - he's done some type of fee inflation formula and by his calculations, Andy Carroll's £35 million fee is about £85 million in this summer's prices.

And by formula, I presume you mean never ending blog entry... 

• Upvote 3

It would be like Pogba. Even if most of the performances are good, if he doesn't regularly swing games he'll get criticized. People don't know how to evaluate midfielders. Modric was the flop of the year in La Liga the year he signed. Now everyone's sucking his dick.

Not me. I'm licking his arse instead.

If he really has his heart set on playing for Klopp as has been reported,  and after us puttting in two bids that would smash the bundesliga record. 

Maybe its time Naby put his head above the parapet and start agitating for a move. Its all on Keita and his agent now, How much does he really want to play for us.

• Upvote 1

I think when you cost £70m you can demand to be paid anything you like.

Also, this won't be his big move. He's still only 22, he's got two more big contracts in him.

No point paying top dollar for him then as we would paying top of the market value when he isnt,according to your own reckoning.

If he really has his heart set on playing for Klopp as has been reported, and after us puttting in two bids that would smash the bundesliga record.

Maybe its time Naby put his head above the parapet and start agitating for a move. Its all on Keita and his agent now, How much does he really want to play for us.

Probably not very much and as someone has already stated all the rumours are down to bullshitting Itk's on Twitter and bullshitting hacks.

I think there's a significant difference between politely requesting a transfer (let's call it 'respectful'), and agitating for a move (let's call it 'disrespectful'). If - as seems likely - Keita needs to state his preference for a move, I would rather he went about it in a respectful manner that acknowledges how Leipzig have helped him become the player that he is. He and his agent will come across a lot better, and it will impact his actions when considering any transfers in the future because he'll have seen first-hand how he can further his career yet still respect his previous club, and not burn his bridges.

If a player acts the twat when wanting to join us, what's to stop him acting the twat again when he wants to leave? As fans, we can't condone such behaviour just because we want a certain player to sign for us, and then whinge when one of our players shits on the club because he wants out.

I think there's a significant difference between politely requesting a transfer (let's call it 'respectful'), and agitating for a move (let's call it 'disrespectful'). If - as seems likely - Keita needs to state his preference for a move, I would rather he went about it in a respectful manner that acknowledges how Leipzig have helped him become the player that he is. He and his agent will come across a lot better, and it will impact his actions when considering any transfers in the future because he'll have seen first-hand how he can further his career yet still respect his previous club, and not burn his bridges.

If a player acts the twat when wanting to join us, what's to stop him acting the twat again when he wants to leave? As fans, we can't condone such behaviour just because we want a certain player to sign for us, and then whinge when one of our players shits on the club because he wants out.

I couldnt give a shite how he went about it to be honest.  There is no loyalty left in football it left the building years ago.

If we get him now and he is looking at it as a 3-4 year stepping stone, i couldnt care less. In that time we might win the league or champions league and maybe he then wouldnt want to leave.

Getting better players = more chance of success

more chance of success = top players less likely to move

top players less likely to move = more chance of continued success and top players wanting to join.

If Klopp thinks buying Keita is a huge signal of intent for the club and he thinks there is even the slightest chance of getting the deal done you dont give up. 

What you do though in the meantime is start negotiations with Plan B just in case.

• Upvote 1