You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 hours ago, an tha said:

Not 'mad' about it or 'digging for stuff'...just think he is a deeply mediocre footballer and always has been - and now he is a deeply mediocre footballer who is physically wrecked through injuries, rendering him useless to a team of our standing and ambitions.

He is taking up squad space and a pretty substantial wage and contributing virtually nothing.

I never believed he was good enough for us from when we signed him and would like to see him gone ASAP and someone brought in who is good enough and can contribute how we need.

We don't get many wrong these days to be fair - we got this one very wrong.

Hasnt Ox only got one season left on his contract? Probably why we are keeping him as we wont get a fee anyway.

• 1 month later...

Surprised he couldn't get on the park tonight.

It does not bode well though IMHO if he isn't seen as ahead of Milner, Elliott or Carvalho.

Maybe he is still not right after this illness he has had - maybe we feel he hasn't trained enough and isn't ready - suppose we will see in coming weeks what is what...but for a player who misses too many games anyway with injury it must feel pretty grim to not get nod when you are available and we have players missing.

Milner mentioned something about issues in the build up, I wonder if some of them were ill. Henderson couldn't run after 80 minutes and he only came after 60, Gomez only able for 30 minutes,  Robertson off after an hour and Naby not getting on at all would suggest something as gone down.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Milner mentioned something about issues in the build up, I wonder if some of them were ill. Henderson couldn't run after 80 minutes and he only came after 60, Gomez only able for 30 minutes,  Robertson off after an hour and Naby not getting on at all would suggest something as gone down.

This could be a good shout. Fabinho looked wrecked after about 75 minutes to me, our build up play was slow too, but that just might be coincidental.

25 minutes ago, No2 said:

Clampdown on the asthma meds

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

It does not bode well though IMHO if he isn't seen as ahead of Milner, Elliott or Carvalho.

Maybe he is still not right after this illness he has had - maybe we feel he hasn't trained enough and isn't ready - suppose we will see in coming weeks what is what...but for a player who misses too many games anyway with injury it must feel pretty grim to not get nod when you are available and we have players missing.

I think more worrying is he wasn't seen as fit enough to come on for Henderson who looked like he was carrying something as he was hobbling on and off from the moment he came on. 

I saw @No2 mention some of the others. I think robbo was his wrist. He was struggling and complaining to the bench right through the 1st half and when he came off the was pointing at it, dunno what point he was trying to make. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think more worrying is he wasn't seen as fit enough to come on for Henderson who looked like he was carrying something as he was hobbling on and off from the moment he came on. 

I saw @No2 mention some of the others. I think robbo was his wrist. He was struggling and complaining to the bench right through the 1st half and when he came off the was pointing at it, dunno what point he was trying to make. 

Robno had his fingers strapped so deffo a problem yeah.

Going back to Keita - agree totally with what you say about Hendo

State of us fitness wise at the moment....staggering how many problems have with fitness/injuries.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The worst seemed to be Tsimiakos. He seemed absolute done in for a patch and he was only on for about what 20 mins? 

While they mentioned that the Hendo issue only emerged yesterday, didn't they say he felt his calf during the Fulham game. 

Cannot help but wonder if they wanted to get their base fitness up in Austria but had no choice but to increase the intensity way faster than usual for the start of the season.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Robno had his fingers strapped so deffo a problem yeah.

Going back to Keita - agree totally with what you say about Hendo

State of us fitness wise at the moment....staggering how many problems have with fitness/injuries.

Cannot help but think there has been a slight shift in Jürgen's stance on the midfield over the last week.

He has gone with acting with complete incredulity when questioned about new signings to saying they have talked about it from the start of the summer a lot. Which for Jürgen is quite a revelation.

I think he wants to keep the players spirits high but at the same time and not look desperate to any selling clubs but he cannot be like the Iraqi information minister and say there are no problems here because then he looks stubborn/incompetent of which I think he is neither.

His actions often undermine his public faith in certain midfield options. Tonight with Naby being another example. If he signs a new deal surely it can only be to protect his value.

Its a little weird that it isn't already done as surely he will accept whatever terms considering how stop start his injury record has made his time here.

Be interesting to see what happens. I don't see him leaving this summer but maybe if we push to get someone in who will indeed go on a Bosman.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

All this guessing because the Boss refuses to just come out and say ‘I don’t like Keita, and we should never have signed him.’

As for missing games thru injury….so does Thiago, and others, but when fit they get an auto start. Keita never gets an auto start. Answer: Klopp doesn’t see him as part of his plans, but clearly can’t or wint sell him, or he would have done so. 

Naby Keita is the most bizarre signing ever. This thread is 250 pages long. There were 100 pages before he even arrived. We all saw what he was like at Leipzig, but he never got any support and his confidence is obviously shot. Got to blame management. In fact Thiago arrived after Naby and pretty much leap frogged him. Tells us all we need to know. Millions of pounds down the drain.

In fact we have so many players who seem very injury prone….who’s to blame? Are our coaching methods fucking up the players? Did we do full due process on players before buying? Its a bloody shambles.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Klopp said Henderson and Gomez weren’t fit enough to start. Was probably a gamble to a degree to play them at all. Would guess that the same goes for Keita, this match probably came a few days early for him.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

His agent was crying about 6 months ago that keita feels like he's not valued at Anfield. Which is incredible for anbloke that's brought us absolutely fuck all. 

Yeah, remember that and thought the same thing. Too be honest that arrogance may mean he doesn't extend and I wouldn't be too bothered if he didn't.

He has just come off his best season in terms of availability and it still doesn't appear we have had any interest in him. 

If we extend do we end up paying a player (pretty well) that we cannot shift and doesn't play much but stops us spending elsewhere.