You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

For a midfield where 'something is wrong with most of them' they aren't doing too badly.

True but the results shouldn’t hide the issues there.  They’ve all got either fitness, consistency or age issues.  

You only have to look at how little our best three has played together, no matter what three you believe it to be.  There and back up right back is our only weaknesses left.  We’re just short of perfect it’s always gonna be seen as nitpicking.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

True but the results shouldn’t hide the issues there.  They’ve all got either fitness, consistency or age issues.  

You only have to look at how little our best three has played together, no matter what three you believe it to be.  There and back up right back is our only weaknesses left.  We’re just short of perfect it’s always gonna be seen as nitpicking.

'Carry on being shit' is my motto,and next film.

That's fair, Grinch, and I think the massive majority would agree that an upgrade would be very welcome, I think it's the calling them shit, getting on their case constantly and in some cases deliberately not seeing any decent aspects to their game that winds people up.

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Can't believe all these fickle modern superfans, changing their opinions on players when their form improves.

What happened to picking a figure of kneejerk dislike and sticking by it?

If you can't hate them when they're playing well, don't hate them when they're shit.

How long is he out this time? FFS. etc. 

If and when I see him put in a display that approaches the standard of a regular first team pick, I'll be made up. Similarly, when he shows even a glimmer of being worth the ludicrous £54m PLUS wages we've spent on him, I'll celebrate. I want him to prove me wrong. He hasn't. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Disappointing yesterday but he's played well lately.

Yeah, I thought it was an odd game to play him in yesterday. IMO, Hendo yesterday and Keita on Wednesday would have made more sense. 

Saying that, he wasn’t the only one who didn’t play yesterday, especially first half. 

19 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He's playing well at the moment, but you know as soon as that contract extension is sorted he will go back to being shite.

He isn't. He really, really isn't. He's playing, I'll give you that much, but all he's doing is playing less shite. Less shite apart from yesterday, where he was utterly dire. 

And if, god forbid, he were to get a contract extension, there's no way he will go back to being shite. He's already shite. He'll go back to being permanently injured and shite. 

• Upvote 2

I didn't think he was very good v Everton and I don't like him starting games as opposed to coming from the bench to inject energy into the midfield. In short,I still don't trust him as he tries to force things and gives the ball away far too much.  If he had a bit more game intelligence he'd be fine but I have more faith in Curtis Jones than Naby Keita.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rb14 said:

He isn't. He really, really isn't. He's playing, I'll give you that much, but all he's doing is playing less shite. Less shite apart from yesterday, where he was utterly dire. 

And if, god forbid, he were to get a contract extension, there's no way he will go back to being shite. He's already shite. He'll go back to being permanently injured and shite. 

Come on, fess up rb.

What exactly did Naby say to you that night in Superstar Boudoir ?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Come on, fess up rb.

What exactly did Naby say to you that night in Superstar Boudoir ?

I'd arranged to meet up with him but rather predictably, he pulled a sickie.

Oh grief Rog. The Superstar Boudoir. Now you're definitely talking my language. I actually got a full on BJ on the dancefloor from a drop dead gorgeous guy one memorable night in there.

Another time, I was there with a bi girlfriend who was trying to cop off with some other woman. They went off towards the bogs, but my mate came back shortly afterwards. "What happened then? Did you cop off with her?" I asked. "Well yes, I did" she replied, "but she went to put her hands down my pants and I had to tell her to stop - it's like a car crash down there. I'm on the rag." Seriously, that's stuck with me forever since. "It's like a car crash down there." Proper. 

• Upvote 2