aRdja

Naby Keita

8 hours ago, Mark M said:

Losing Gini and keeping Keita and thinking that all of a sudden he'd be available to play regularly and to a high level was a bit how can I say this... fucking stupid.

Agree that we should have kept Gini, but what team on the planet would have bought Keita for even a third of what we paid for him?

Everyone keeps talking about keeping Gini, like we were ever going to pay him anywhere near the 300k he's on now.

He wanted to leave. Get over yourselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, m0e said:

Everyone keeps talking about keeping Gini, like we were ever going to pay him anywhere near the 300k he's on now.

It's not Gini himself but the lack of an experienced replacement given how leggy our midfield has looked in the last two league games. It's a bit much to expect young lads to fill that gap instead of two permanent sicknotes. We seem to close one gate(our defence) and leave another open (the midfield.) Milner should only play in midfield if he features as when he is up against top class attackers like Foden at full back he is always going to fall short.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

when he is up against top class attackers like Foden at full back he is always going to fall short.

As will 9 out of 10 "fullbacks" in this league.

1 hour ago, m0e said:

bang on assessment

Having to rely on Ox and this waster in midfield when the injuries start piling up is going to cost us the title.

Ratboy Neville is a twat but I think he was pretty spot on on Sunday when he said our midfield looked very leggy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's not Gini himself but the lack of an experienced replacement given how leggy our midfield has looked in the last two league games. It's a bit much to expect young lads to fill that gap instead of two permanent sicknotes. We seem to close one gate(our defence) and leave another open (the midfield.) Milner should only play in midfield if he features as when he is up against top class attackers like Foden at full back he is always going to fall short.

No arguements from me. But that won't change until Keita and the Ox fuck off. Until then, its a tiresome discussion.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

As will 9 out of 10 "fullbacks" in this league.

We've got a lad on the bench who can match him for pace,which seems to be Foden's forte. Strange selection for me and Milner was very lucky not to have been off before his subbing. He's been a great free but he is looking a veteran.

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We've got a lad on the bench who can match him for pace,which seems to be Foden's forte. Strange selection for me and Milner was very lucky not to have been off before his subbing. He's been a great free but he is looking a veteran.

Foden isn’t particularly quick. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Hard to legislate for the injury to Elliot. It’s pretty clear it was his shirt to lose. 

Agree here - he was in the first 11 for sure. My guess is Klopp never expected to have to look at the bench and see Keita and Ox both there on - THE BENCH!!