You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 15/02/2021 at 18:58, A Red said:

I think we need to take the hit and get rid this summer. Another season of this is going to see his value go down even further. He needs to go somewhere to start again and we need to free up his wages for someone worthwhile. I know lots of managers dont want to have to go to the board, effectively admitting failure but Jurgens got more than enough credit to do it.

Nothing has changed my mind. Every game he misses because hes injured and every game he actually plays does nothing but decrease his value.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah I'd be all for that if someone's interested.

If we get someone in to replace Gini, I’d sell Naby. Especially if we move Milner on too. Otherwise I’d keep. Get him games in the Europa league to get his confidence up, and play him when we want to rest Thiago or Hendo against dross in the league. He’s not compete shite, but not top class either unfort.

Just now, aRdja said:

If we get someone in to replace Gini, I’d sell Naby. Especially if we move Milner on too. Otherwise I’d keep. Get him games in the Europa league to get his confidence up, and play him when we want to rest Thiago or Hendo against dross in the league. He’s not compete shite, but not top class either unfort.

I'd flog him regardless, as I'm not even he sure he could be relied upon for that.

He'll be an unflushable turd, Aquilani style. A few decent pre season games, lots of injuries, a few loans out to mingebag clubs. The club will convince itself it can get some value out of him either on the pitch or in transfer fees. 

We won't. 

He got the ball late in the first half with open ground in front of him and he just slowed it down and went sideways. He should have drove on to fuck. Zero intensity.  Not arsed. 

I'd say that was the moment Klopp said let's get this clown off the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

To be fair to Keita, I dont know what Jurgen was thinking starting him in this game. I wouldnt be starting him against villa never mind Real.

I think there's more chance him being a makeweight in a deal in the summer more than going out on loan anywhere.

I think he should start against Villa. To see if he can improve on his performance in the 7-2...

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

To be fair to Keita, I dont know what Jurgen was thinking starting him in this game. I wouldnt be starting him against villa never mind Real.

I think there's more chance him being a makeweight in a deal in the summer more than going out on loan anywhere.

I'd start him against Villa - Hopefully being hooked before halftime might light a fire up his backside and force him to give Klopp a response to subbing him so early.

I do however feel that should a sufficient deal present itself in the Summer, then Naby will be gone. If it were my decision, then I'd certainly be looking to offload him as he's far too unreliable.

The lad has ability there's no doubt about that. It just simply hasn't worked out for him here. Injuries of course have played a massive part during his time with us.

Was looking at his stats for us over on Transfermarkt, and they do not make good reading.

Since his competitive debut on 12/08/2018, we've played 154 competitive games in all competitions - This includes the 2 Community Shield games, as well as the European Super Cup & World Club Cup games.

Of those 154 games, Naby has missed just 3 games due to squad selection when has been available to be selected. (2 League Cup & 1 FA Cup).

Out of the remaining 151 games, Naby has missed 49 games due to injury or illness.

Of the remaining 102 games that Naby was fit and selected in the squad for, he has started 47 games, with 55 appearances on the bench. Of the 55 bench appearances, he's been an unused substitute 26 times.

Of the 47 games Naby has started, he has completed the full 90 minutes 14 times. (1 of these appearances was the World Club Cup final that went to extra time where he was replaced in the first half of extra time).

Even in the modern game and all the rotation that goes with it, these numbers are nowhere near enough for someone who cost us upward of £50million in transfer fee alone.

• Upvote 1

I don't think he was the worst of the three that started today. I didn't see him pass straight to the opposition under no pressure like Fab and Gini did a few times. He was taken off as something had to be done and he wasn't going to play the full game anyway. 

He's a player that looks really bad when the whole team play sluggish, but when the team as a whole play good then he invariably does also.

27 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

I'd start him against Villa - Hopefully being hooked before halftime might light a fire up his backside and force him to give Klopp a response to subbing him so early.

We need to beat Villa to stand any chance of making the CL next season.

Keita never starts for us again until that's confirmed, in my opinion.

I've got Jones, Shaq, and Milner ahead of him, and Hendo to come back.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

We need to beat Villa to stand any chance of making the CL next season.

Keita never starts for us again until that's confirmed, in my opinion.

I've got Jones, Shaq, and Milner ahead of him, and Hendo to come back.

I should clarify... 

I don't think Klopp will start him against Villa, and I suspect that we'll not likely see him start again unless injury and/or suspension dictate. I foresee an upcoming "knock".

However, if I were in charge, I would start him to see what response we get from him after his subbing this evening. As a professional, being subbed before the break has got to hurt your pride. If tonight's substitution doesn't elicit a response, then nothing will and he might as well pack his bags ready for a Summer departure.

Surely even Naby is capable of a positive response? Surely?

1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

I should clarify... 

I don't think Klopp will start him against Villa, and I suspect that we'll not likely see him start again unless injury and/or suspension dictate. I foresee an upcoming "knock".

However, if I were in charge, I would start him to see what response we get from him after his subbing this evening. As a professional, being subbed before the break has got to hurt your pride. If tonight's substitution doesn't elicit a response, then nothing will and he might as well pack his bags ready for a Summer departure.

Surely even Naby is capable of a positive response? Surely?

He doesn't look like he gives a fuck.

When did he ever?!

He's like a midfield Origi.

10 minutes ago, m0e said:

When did he ever?!

I'm sure he does. I'm sure he's feeling it right now. 

I like Naby. I think there's a player in there. He's just not been able to replicate his Leipzig form for us. We've all heard how difficult he found the transition to the club/country when he first arrived, and some people just can't ever adapt to a place, for whatever the reason - it makes no odds.

The truth of the matter though is he hasn't been good enough. He cannot be relied upon to firstly stay fit, and secondly to perform to the standard that we expect of him for the outlay and effort made by the club to secure his signature in the first place.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, m0e said:

When did he ever?!

Not having that , Origi whether he looks interested or not has made contributions to the teams success. This charlatan  has done sweet fuck all from day one  . Actually think he was shite the extra year we left him in Germany.  Everyone criticising  Thiago  for the number of yellow cards he gets compare and contrast with how many Keita has got (basically fuck all for a midfielder) useless tool.

Given the fee and the hype it never ceases to amaze me how shite this fella is, he’s got absolutely nothing. No energy, no intelligence, no ability, no stamina, no heart, no desire, no effort, no balls, no enthusiasm, nothing, nothing at all. I spotted very early on that this lad was turd, he always looks like he is not in control of the ball. We’ve been very good at getting decent money for shite, let’s hope we can pull it off once more with this clunker.

8 hours ago, KevieG said:

He got the ball late in the first half with open ground in front of him and he just slowed it down and went sideways. He should have drove on to fuck. Zero intensity.  Not arsed. 

I'd say that was the moment Klopp said let's get this clown off the pitch. 

My lad said the exact same thing

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Don't know if you noticed but we've been getting beaten by dross in the league this season. I'd have absolutely zero confidence in Naby producing anything close to a performance which would help prevent that. Genuinely can't remember a worse no. 8 at the club.