aRdja

Naby Keita

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I had such high hopes got him, used to track his recovery from injuries thinking he was going to come good and be the saviour. Not making that mistake again. 

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

Hahaha. Brilliant. Obviously the moral to the story is never believe a word taxi drivers say, but never believe in a footballer is a good 2nd place! 

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

I think he runs faster with the ball than without.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

He was a blooshite taxi driver.

56 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sods law that Bayern didn't cherry pick him back in 2017.   

They knew. 

He had a good injury record in Germany, gone to shit here obviously.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He had a good injury record in Germany, gone to shit here obviously.

But I don't recall a bad challenge or awkward fall?  Why has he just broken down? From seemingly injury-free to a Harry Kewell level of anatomical chaos.  

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But I don't recall a bad challenge or awkward fall?  Why has he just broken down? From seemingly injury-free to a Harry Kewell level of anatomical chaos.  

I was a huge fan but he just cannot hack it unfortunately, as has been mentioned many times he might not fancy it or it could be too physical. I think it could be a psychological thing. 

Has he ever really showed his true promise in a red shirt? He has had his moments but they have been few and far between. If he doesn't keep injury free and show some proper quality the next couple months he will surely be sold in the summer. 

26 minutes ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Has he ever really showed his true promise in a red shirt? He has had his moments but they have been few and far between. If he doesn't keep injury free and show some proper quality the next couple months he will surely be sold in the summer. 

It's too late, IMO. Even if he plays from march on its too late. We cant start next season with known-glass players. Not after this season. Completely unacceptable. Injuries happen, but when they happen all the time to the same players and you continue to build your squad with them, you're just asking for trouble.

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's too late, IMO. Even if he plays from march on its too late. We cant start next season with known-glass players. Not after this season. Completely unacceptable. Injuries happen, but when they happen all the time to the same players and you continue to build your squad with them, you're just asking for trouble.

We can't keep both Ox and Keita, but I suppose we can gamble on one of them staying and turning it around in order to prevent having to get rid of so many players and to keep some continuity. Because Gini is also leaving. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We can't keep both Ox and Keita, but I suppose we can gamble on one of them staying and turning it around in order to prevent having to get rid of so many players and to keep some continuity. Because Gini is also leaving. 

Or we can get rid of both and sign nobody and only be worse off 10 games a season. Or, sign players made of skin, bones, meat. Not wotsits that have been dipped in a puddle.

We don't lose continuity when we get rid of players who don't play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Or we can get rid of both and sign nobody and only be worse off 10 games a season. Or, sign players made of skin, bones, meat. Not wotsits that have been dipped in a puddle.

We don't lose continuity when we get rid of players who don't play.

Yeah, but the club won't think like that. 

Can't see us selling 3 of our midfielders with Milner easing off the scene and Hendo's more frequent injury issues becoming a concern and Fabinho probably being defensive cover as well

38 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Can't see us selling 3 of our midfielders with Milner easing off the scene and Hendo's more frequent injury issues becoming a concern and Fabinho probably being defensive cover as well

Well if Gini is leaving and we're counting those 2 as if they really are 2 players in the squad (instead of combining to make 0.2 of a player), we'll be even more fucked next season.

No offense to you personally, and yes this season has amplified my feelings on the subject, but i don't get how we have room for guaranteed crocks going forward. No point being sentimental. Get people who aren't fucked all the time.

3 hours ago, YNWA-Viking said:

He did this nice back heel against Crystal Palace once...it’s been kind of downhill from that point 

• Upvote 1