You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

46 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I think it's time to cut our losses and move him on he just can't stay fit , If his injury record was this bad in Germany then I very much doubt we'd have looked at him never mind sign him .

Yeah, I cant believe we'd have bought him if he was injured this much. Clearly he wasnt though. He seems more injury prone since he went to the Africa Cup of Nations with that stomach injury and Jurgen told him to stay in Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree with your main points, the squad balance is wrong when it comes to midfielders. But as long as Fabinho has to cover ar CB, which will be the whole of this season, and probably parts of next as well, Wijnaldum has to stay. He is reliable, versatile and always available. 

Curtis Jones has taken massive steps, and the last weeks he’s looked a proper first team player. That’s a bonus as the other creative/attacking midfielders, Shaqiri, Ox and Minamino, either arent good enough, not able to stay fit or both. 

Fucking hell, Id love to see us when Jurgen does get his squad balance right, then.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree with your main points, the squad balance is wrong when it comes to midfielders. But as long as Fabinho has to cover ar CB, which will be the whole of this season, and probably parts of next as well, Wijnaldum has to stay. He is reliable, versatile and always available. 

Curtis Jones has taken massive steps, and the last weeks he’s looked a proper first team player. That’s a bonus as the other creative/attacking midfielders, Shaqiri, Ox and Minamino either arent good enough, not able to stay fit or both. 

The point was to have tonnes of midfielders, though, so we could move them around and have a somewhat leaner squad. That's been by design, the balance isn't wrong. The issue, though, is one player (Gini) is probably out the door, Milner is old and Ox and Keita might have dubious futures as well. So now, loads of uncertainty has appeared.

19 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, Id love to see us when Jurgen does get his squad balance right, then.

Haha, so will I. If only he would listen to us!

On a serious note there is always room for improvement, and it is definately an issue now that most of our more attacking midfield options either arent playing well enough or is too injury prone.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Has to go now, I backed him but not anymore.

I was really looking forward to him playing for us, especially after watching him in Germany. Looked a class player and great at slipping passes into runners in the box, close control etc. He's not good enough for the Prem or us so I've given up on him. He'll be devastated on hearing me saying that but sorry naby I'll drop you off at the airport. 

• Upvote 1

I just can’t see Klopp letting him go. He made a comment last season saying if Naby’s fit then he starts. 

Now I know he’s never fit so he can get away with saying that but I think this will be a crusade with klopp to get there in the end. 

(Narrators voice: Keita gets sold in the January window)

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I just can’t see Klopp letting him go. He made a comment last season saying if Naby’s fit then he starts. 

Now I know he’s never fit so he can get away with saying that but I think this will be a crusade with klopp to get there in the end. 

Yes, I've been thinking this all along.

24 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Not sure it will be a crusade. Jurgen cut Karius loose. Yes, that was after a CL Final defeat but Naby simply cannot prove his fitness in the PL. The only thing keeping Naby here in my opinion is, our current cronic injury list and the fact he cost £54m.

Yeah I know his fee gets amortised so his book value is only around £25m or whatever. I just think it's going to be hard finding a club in Europe, maybe Germany, to take him on for the money we'd want.

I think the club needs to bite the bullet with him although again, it's going to be difficult shifting him in January even if our injuries ease if he's still injured. Bit of a catch 22 really.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Red74 said:

Yeah, I think next summer will be hyped up as the summer where Klopp will make the tough decisions on players like Keita, Ox and Matip, and then nothing will happen and he'll keep all three, simply because Gini is probably on his way out and players like Shaqiri and Origi will certainly leave, so he won't want too big of a squad turnover.

17 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Given the fee, hype and no doubt obscene wages he’s on he goes down as easily one of the worst signings in our history for me.

He's been shite no doubt about that. He comes nowhere close to the Diouf / Balotelli transfer disasters imo.

He's not been shite at all. Very good player on his day, but certainly hasn't lived up to the sky-high expectations we had given his Leipzig form. We were expecting an absolute dynamo, but he's really just an effective, unspectacular, cog in a well-oiled machine. 

His fitness record is just appalling, which doesn't seem to help. 

• Upvote 1