You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

How?

Don't automatically assume she's a lying tart.  Allow Kieta have his say now it's public (Wait until you see the comments from Utd and Everton fans to THAT, never mind the defence form Liverpool fans) 

Then see if that's enough to make the police re-think and further the investigation (which I assume is her hope if she is telling the truth)

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Read back the first 2 lines you wrote there and please tell me you now realise your error.

Rape and sexual assault are THE hardest cases to prove. In the vast majority of cases it comes down to one persons word against the others which will 999 times out of a 1000 result in no charge, never mind a trial.  That's why the police don't even pursue it. They don't bring a case to trial they don't think they can almost certainly win. It's not because the person isn't guilty.  It's because there's no physical proof to show a jury.  To decry her a "tart" and so obviously claim that she was lying, just because the police aren't taking forward a prosecution is EXACTLY why so many woman who are raped never report it and just bottle it up and the rapist can go on to rape someone else.

I dont know why you have reacted the way you have there. In no way do I make light of any sexual assault. By the same token, there's a lot of young women who have gone with a footballer on a one nighter. Some have then resorted to saying they have been sexually assaulted. How the fuck do you know I dont have a daughter?

You're on the roy keane thread telling other people to wind their neck in. Take some of your own advice, pal.

I want to preface this by saying I firmly believe Naby Keita is entitled to the presumption of innocence and I have no idea what, if anything, may have happened. It appears that no action will be taken on foot of the investigation conducted by Merseyside Police and that should be the end of the matter. 

With that said, there is no need for anyone to castigate the complainant given none of us are privy to the full story. People have attacked her and cast doubt upon her claims with the following fallacious arguments:

"Naby does not speak English so would not host / attend a party or be capable of offering her £1k" - His English remains poor but Jurgen discussed late last year that he has made great strides in this regard. 

"Naby does not even live in Formby" - He does and I believe it is in the Freshfields area along with Klopp and Lallana. 

"His agent's name is Bjorn Bezemer not 'Leo'" - That is quite correct, he shares the same agent as Sadio Mane. However, the complainant only said that she received calls from someone identifying themselves as his agent using the name Leo. Naby's 'entourage' does include a Leo and Baio (not Bayo as noted in her contacts) both of whom are former LFC youth players around the same age as Naby. It is noteworthy that the complainant correctly identified the names of two people in his circle. That does not corroborate her allegations but does suggest she may have met him. 

"He would have been in the team hotel as we played Manchester United the next day" - Keita was injured for that game and not in the squad. It is most unlikely he traveled to the team hotel.

"Why is all of this only coming out six month's later?" - The complainant reported it to police within a very short time as the evidence bag shows it was collected on 23/01/2020 in Salford. I was sceptical about the picture of the evidence bag photo initially but there is nothing on the face of it to suggest it is anything other than what she claims it to be. She appears to have gone public in response to receipt of confirmation no charges would be brought. She clearly feels aggrieved by this decision. 

... and so on. 

All of the above is circumstantial and does not prove anything. However, I am yet to see a single detail proving the complainant is lying.  I have no intention of 'white knighting' here but I simply have no clue what did or did not happen as I was not there.

The reasonable thing to do is therefore to withhold judgment on her claims whilst affording Naby the benefit of any doubt. She made a complaint, the police took up evidence in Salford where the complainant lived, it was investigated by Merseyside Police, and there was ultimately insufficient evidence to bring a charge. Best to leave it there as a baying mob attacking her is not a good look for the club.

If the complainant's claims are false and malicious Naby can pursue an action for defamation and breach of privacy if he wishes. I doubt he needs any of supporters to defend his interests.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Don't automatically assume she's a lying tart.  Allow Kieta have his say now it's public (Wait until you see the comments from Utd and Everton fans to THAT, never mind the defence form Liverpool fans) 

Then see if that's enough to make the police re-think and further the investigation (which I assume is her hope if she is telling the truth)

Unless he admits to it why would anything Keita says make the police rethink?

It appears the prosecution have decided that there is insufficient evidence to support a prosecution. That decision will have been taken by the Crown Prosecution Service not the police. And in any correspondence informing her of the decision she should be invited to a meeting to speak to the lawyer making the decision, if she so wishes, so that the reasoning can be explained to her.

She does, of course, have recourse to the civil courts, and can sue if she feels she has a good case. Lesser burden of proof as well.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I really don’t get it. if I was earning £100k+ a week I’d have two high-class prostitutes 8’ rotation floating around my house at all times.

Wasn't Keita spotted in pound land? He probably thought he spotted a bargain and it backfired.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont know why you have reacted the way you have there. In no way do I make light of any sexual assault.

You literally wrote “Some tart recently accused Tammy Abraham was it at chelsea of rape.”?  Do you think that’s a normal and acceptable way to react? 

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Love the way on the one hand you pre-emptively accuse our fans of a pile on, and on the other almost assume his guilt. Practice what you’re preaching and let the authorities do their investigation and if there is a trial, let the jury hear the evidence and decide. 

"Assume his guilt" nope,  just saying that from her post it did look pretty bad. Don't think I offered an opinion one way or the other, sorry if you read into that. 

"pre-emptively" nope, when I caught the story this morning her twitter post had 600+ with tons of vile comments, like you'd expect on that awful platform.