Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 192 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Naby Keita

One of those players you want to do well but isnt good enough. I remember reading about bruno cheryo having a mom performance against united before he joined us. Not saying he's that level but he's been a let down so far 

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's bossed it against some shite sides like Burnley and Bournemouth. I don't think he's ever played in a truly big game for us, to be fair. 

I think he’s got 1 game in 2 years where he has a goal and an assist in a single match - and that was against Bournemouth who we’ve scored 24 goals against as a team in the last 8 games. The Burnley game for example he didn’t score in. The only game he truly excelled in that I can remember — above other players on the pitch that is — was Leicester away at the new year when he was very good. Otherwise .. I come up blanks. Very happy to hear of other ones as I may just be missing them - but it would be good if they can be quantified too. Cantwell may have more goals and assists this season than Keita in 2: it’s not good. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

One of those players you want to do well but isnt good enough. I remember reading about bruno cheryo having a mom performance against united before he joined us. Not saying he's that level but he's been a let down so far 

This.

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain. 

Also contradicting earlier view points is a good thing .. it at least shows capacity for developing a view point. Far too many avatars on a screen determined to peddle the same point irrespective of developments: very boring. I was hugely on the Keita train when he joined but there’s a case for him being one of our worst transfers ever (£-for-£) but it’s been masked by other great signings around him and Henderson’s emergence. The player most similar to him at this point from history is Aquillani who was another v highly rated, technical midfield from a decent European club whose body was made of crisps.

• Upvote 1

Keita joined us in the same summer Fred joined United for a similar fee; Fred is only just getting to grips with the league and looking decent, and he's played more games than Keita. The time to judge will be at least a year from now.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Keita joined us in the same summer Fred joined United for a similar fee; Fred is only just getting to grips with the league and looking decent, and he's played more games than Keita. The time to judge will be at least a year from now.

Difference is fred is getting to play in a poor team because the rest of the squad is poor at united. He wouldnt get in united side of even a few years ago. Not sure I agree fred even looks decent to be honest.

Im sure Jurgen is going to be fiercely loyal to Naby. But, if he isnt going to feature much in the team, maybe he'll decide to move on?

He was shocking against West Ham last night. Spent most of his 60 waste of minutes doing a grand sum of nothing. 99% of his passes were backwards despite spending almost all of his time as a defender. No wonder West Ham scored twice, we were playing with ten men. He was totally absent and had as much impact as one of the bubbles their supporters are so famous for blowing.

Klopp is human, he makes mistakes. He needs to bite the bullet and jib Keita off ASAP.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think it's definitely more likely that if it comes down to it, Keita would want to leave before Klopp would decide to get rid of him. 

Muppet. 

• Downvote 1

Amendment to earlier post - he also looked very good at the start against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Of course he then went off injured, and the reshuffle led directly to their first goal. His injury record feels like it puts Harry Kewells in the shade.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

If Lallana's leaving then Naby needs to stay so he can take over as stringvest's favourite player.

Fuck me that's a Career ender.  We may as well save some time and money and get rid now.

I reckon he goes in the summer for about £30-35m back to Germany.

He is not cut out for this league and never will be.

As stated previously a senior BBC journalist told me we missed something on his medical. The number of injuries he gets etc indicates that might be right

• Upvote 1

I think Keita will be gone in the summer, cut price to a less physical league. The best time for a manager to get rid of an expensive flop is when you are champions

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain. 

That's a fair point.

36 minutes ago, redheart said:

I reckon he goes in the summer for about £30-35m back to Germany.

He is not cut out for this league and never will be.

As stated previously a senior BBC journalist told me we missed something on his medical. The number of injuries he gets etc indicates that might be right

Taking up half a Havertz fee on the books. As others have said Harry Kewell , Joe Cole talented footballers just don't cut it for us. Really don't get his attitude either Henderson and milner out for an extended time, Ox being eased back in surely this was the time to show us the "red card" collecting player from Germany. Even if he was playing poorly he should have been putting a shift in. One of those were as a fan you just shake your head cause you can see the talent and touch but cannot help thinking this is not working. Compare to a visibly out of touch Salah . Does not hide , keeps doing the defensive stuff, shows for the other players , shanks , miscues, blazes over bar or at keeper but has the mentality to stay involved and keep going.  There was a minute last night he was battling on rhs faffing about and tippy tappy trying to shield/steal possession from defender lost out and fab steams in from CM and takes ball man and nearly Naby who is mearly a bystander at this stage out into touch.  

• Upvote 1

He is quite a weird player. Capable of big performances but equally of those last night. The other night against Atletico I was screaming at the tv to get him on for Ox. Last night I was exactly the opposite. Maybe It's just me...

I haven’t been overly impressed by him so far but he’s just come back from an injury, so he might not have been his sharpest yet.

• Downvote 1

Judging him on last night is a little harsh. If I had never seen Bobby play before and watched him last night, I would wonder what on Earth is he doing in this team that's top of the League. West Ham played better than expected, Liverpool players were generally having an off night (except the fullbacks who seem to be made of stardust) and we managed a win.

He may or may not be good enough but last night was not the match to make that decision.