Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 191 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Naby Keita

EN2WW26WsAETIad.png:large

Didn't play lots of games so small sample but he was basically world class when he was playing. Tackles, interceptions, pressing, passing, chance creation, dribbling, etc... all near the top for his position. Needs a summer off of competitions and hopefully he'll get right.

• Upvote 1

He’ll be fine. A little niggle during an intense period when he hadn’t previously played that many games in such a short space of time is nothing to worry about. I look forward to him re-establishing himself in the team for the trophy run in 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

EN2WW26WsAETIad.png:large

Didn't play lots of games so small sample but he was basically world class when he was playing. Tackles, interceptions, pressing, passing, chance creation, dribbling, etc... all near the top for his position. Needs a summer off of competitions and hopefully he'll get right.

So we have to wait fo two full seasons before he starts to play consistently for us? I like him, if he could stay for he'd be sensational but at this point it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. When did a player ever start his career with so many injuries and so frequently in and out of the team to then become a stalwart? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

So we have to wait fo two full seasons before he starts to play consistently for us? I like him, if he could stay for he'd be sensational but at this point it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. When did a player ever start his career with so many injuries and so frequently in and out of the team to then become a stalwart? 

I'm just saying the performances when he's been fit this season have objectively been very good. That will earn him more patience and goodwill. He could still come back this season and continue to be great too.

If he's got the summer off after this season and he still gets all these muscle injuries after, then the club will probably have a decision to make regarding his future.

Don't think we are ever going to see the player we thought we bought. He's decent on the ball makes good runs but just seems to lack that push to really make it. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moved on soon, especially if the stories of Havertz etc are true

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think we are ever going to see the player we thought we bought. He's decent on the ball makes good runs but just seems to lack that push to really make it. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moved on soon, especially if the stories of Havertz etc are true

I tend to agree with you. You want the lad to blossom here but it just doesnt seem to me like it's going to happen. And you cant have a £54m squad player who sometimes isnt even in the match day squad.

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain. 

Think he will go to be honest. Never gets a run of games during to injury then getting fit then injury again. Never seems to take his chance with both hands when he gets fit, I think Klopp will run out of patience with him. 

The whole team missed Hendo. Keita would have played better if he Hendo besides him but yeah, he is alarmingly inconsistent. He seems to have one amazing game then 4 average ones. Personally would start Ox ahead of him every time. 

Just now, Baltar said:

The whole team missed Hendo. Keita would have played better if he Hendo besides him but yeah, he is alarmingly inconsistent. He seems to have one amazing game then 4 average ones. Personally would start Ox ahead of him every time. 

Agreed about Hendo. But the thing is, Naby wouldnt have played tonight if Hendo or even Milner were fit. That's part of his problem, he isnt consistent enough and getting to grips with the PL but until he does, he's generally only going to play when one of the midfielders in front of him are injured.

8 minutes ago, Baltar said:

That sounds very generous.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Agree on Ox. Probably a more limited footballer, but gives absolutely everything once he steps on the pitch. 

Has Keita ever had an amazing game? Which one? He is very very lucky all of our other dealings have gone so right; a squad full of signings like him and we’d have been staring down the barrel of a Rodgers-final-season esque situation. 

Just now, Alex_K said:

Has Keita ever had an amazing game? Which one? He is very very lucky all of our other dealings have gone so right; a squad full of signings like him and we’d have been staring down the barrel of a Rodgers-final-season esque situation. 

He's bossed it against some shite sides like Burnley and Bournemouth. I don't think he's ever played in a truly big game for us, to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

but gives absolutely everything once he steps on the pitch. 

Thats the thing - Keita is a glider. Both on the ball and defensively in transition/tackle. Next to the relentlessness of Gini or Hendo's harrying - he looks a little soft.

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think Fabinho/Hendo/Wijnaldum is still our best midfield by a distance. 

Yeah, physically we just hammer teams with those 3. Win every duel, every second ball. And we don't lose much of that when Chamberlain plays either, but with Keita it seems different.

There's a place and time for a more creative midfielder, obviously, but like I said the more he plays, the less I think it should be him. I don't think we're getting rid, but maybe something will give in the summer if the rest of the season doesn't go well for him. 

He's quite tenacious in winning the ball back, but once he he has it seems to think he has more time than he does and ends up getting caught on the ball often. Tonight the whole team was disjointed so it's a bit unfair to single him out.

• Upvote 2