Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 188 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

It’s all clicking nicely for him now. Was great to see him go off on a couple of those trademark slaloming runs past three or four opponents that we haven’t seen too much of yet. 

• Upvote 1

he was excellent tonight. 

The only thing he did wrong, if you can call it that, was run out of steam. 

Fair f***s to the lad he ran his socks off, closed down everything and shpwed sme great touches. He was brilliant

He was brilliant for large parts of the game.

To be balanced though, it was his error that led to the Gomez booking that stopped our momentum.

I'll have to see it again to be sure, but it looked like another one of his 'don't fancy that' moments, and could have cost us at 1 nil.

16 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

In what way is it unfortunate ?!!

As in otherwise he would’ve been a star performer!

Some eejit hack in one of the match reports gives Naby a 6! A fucking 6!? I thought Naby was very impressive tonight. Unlucky to overun the ball when breaking at the Leicester defence. His confidence is growing by the game.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Thought he was fantastic. The whole midfield played great and complimented each other so well.

Agreed. Absolutely monster from all three. Midfields work best as a group, and those three did really great tonight. 

There was a wonderful balance to that midfield tonight. Silk and steel and work rate and quality all round. Keita is a boss player, will only get better as well

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Looked goosed and was subbed at the right time but carried on his great form. 

I agree with this and a couple of under hit passes late on showed how he had slowed considerably. To be fair to him though,he's gone from playing almost no first team football to playing most of our last 5/6 games and that is bound to take a toll. Much more like the player we signed now.

Excellent performance last night. And being a different type of player than all the other midfielders at the club he’ll be very valuable to us. All about skills and creativity he is, even if he can do his part of the defensive work as well.

He surprised me how strong he was. He was shielding the ball a few times and players were leaning into him but he stood it up. Also the little runs he’s making are like I saw before we signed him. 

#Keita2020 

4 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Still not won over. Looks far to casual at times and half arsed. I’d flog him tomorrow and go after Jack Grealish. 

Grealish is a mediocre CM, his best position is Mane’s.

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Keita is a mediocre CM, his best position is back in the Bundesliga.

Fixed that for you.

My fascination with Grealish has probably gone to far but I still expecting a lot more from Keita. Maybe it’s still to do with the hype when we signed him. He’s nowhere near a guaranteed place in our midfield imo. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Fixed that for you.

My fascination with Grealish has probably gone to far but I still expecting a lot more from Keita. Maybe it’s still to do with the hype when we signed him. He’s nowhere near a guaranteed place in our midfield imo. 

To be fair,nobody is guaranteed a place in our midfield as everybody seems to perform well when they are selected. Happy times.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Fixed that for you.

I suppose what I’m saying is Keita has done more from midfield this year even, than Grealish. Keita has scored 3 goals and produced one assist, where as Grealish has produced 2 assists and no goals from midfield.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Still not won over. Looks far to casual at times and half arsed. I’d flog him tomorrow and go after Jack Grealish. 

I'll stick with Klopp's judgement thanks !

36 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great the way every thread is turning into Jack Grealish fan fiction these days.

Think you mean slash fiction.