You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Keita is a mediocre CM, his best position is back in the Bundesliga.

Fixed that for you.

My fascination with Grealish has probably gone to far but I still expecting a lot more from Keita. Maybe it’s still to do with the hype when we signed him. He’s nowhere near a guaranteed place in our midfield imo. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Fixed that for you.

My fascination with Grealish has probably gone to far but I still expecting a lot more from Keita. Maybe it’s still to do with the hype when we signed him. He’s nowhere near a guaranteed place in our midfield imo. 

To be fair,nobody is guaranteed a place in our midfield as everybody seems to perform well when they are selected. Happy times.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Fixed that for you.

I suppose what I’m saying is Keita has done more from midfield this year even, than Grealish. Keita has scored 3 goals and produced one assist, where as Grealish has produced 2 assists and no goals from midfield.

It was the A Team last night, no rotation to be had, and even a month ago I might have thought upon seeing the team sheet that Milner would have been the better option. When I saw it last night though, I was happy to see him there. How many players can confidently step into Fabinho's shoes and be part of a team that wipes the floor with opponents who represent such a formidable challenge? Just great.

20 minutes ago, aws said:

He's starting to look the player we thought we'd bought. But I reckon we'll rest him against Wolves. 

Wolves are playing tonight against city so will have a days less rest than us. They'll sit back and try to frustrate us like they did away at city in September. We'll need keitas guile for this one. Sheffield United are after them, but they play the same way home or away so will leave space to break into. If he does get a rest, it's Sheffield I'd rest him for

• Like 1

Because of his mad dribbling skills, he panics the opposition midfielders into sitting back deeper, creating more space for our forwards. He looks stronger too and not getting brushed off the ball like at the start of the season, no doubt kloppo has had him in the gym.

8 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Because of his mad dribbling skills, he panics the opposition midfielders into sitting back deeper, creating more space for our forwards. He looks stronger too and not getting brushed off the ball like at the start of the season, no doubt kloppo has had him in the gym.

It’s all about full match fitness, rythm and confidence. 

Of course you need to do your  homework when injured, which will include work in the gym. Like any footballer at this level, and definately this club, would do. But without regular game time you wont see the best of any player at this level.